U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-23-2010, 08:48 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
2,510 posts, read 3,272,466 times
Reputation: 621

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
I was being sarcastic, obviously the hawks have played better teams every step of the way leaving your " facts" worthless, as the entire rest of the thread is trying to tell you.


Sorry....but your far better at being sarcastic than you are at validating your points. Offering "your facts are worthless" does nothing to support your lopsided claims. Predictions are meaningless until the teams team.....if I remember correctly all the "experts" you refer to on this thread also tried to tell me that the Flyers were going to lose to the Devils in 5 and Montreal in 6 and you see how well those predictions turned out ?

 
Old 05-23-2010, 08:53 PM
 
Location: Philaburbia
32,371 posts, read 59,817,368 times
Reputation: 54016
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
So...because I misspelled his name that makes his contribution as a penalty killer less valuable ? I'm sorry but my time is more valuable than the need to perform research on the proper spelling of every players name
I bet you wouldn't be so flip if he misspelled your name.

You're such a self-proclaimed expert on the Flyers; the least you could do is get their names right. Attention to detail goes a long way in establishing your credibility as an "expert."
 
Old 05-23-2010, 09:33 PM
 
12,671 posts, read 21,054,320 times
Reputation: 2625
I am really proud of the Sharks of having a great season.
 
Old 05-24-2010, 05:47 AM
 
Location: Metro Washington DC
13,099 posts, read 19,934,220 times
Reputation: 7715
Hawks have Hossa and Quenville. That alone makes me wonder if they will win the cup. However, I do prefer the Hawks over Philly.
 
Old 05-24-2010, 07:58 AM
 
Location: Cook County
5,288 posts, read 6,362,931 times
Reputation: 3070
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
Sorry....but your far better at being sarcastic than you are at validating your points. Offering "your facts are worthless" does nothing to support your lopsided claims. Predictions are meaningless until the teams team.....if I remember correctly all the "experts" you refer to on this thread also tried to tell me that the Flyers were going to lose to the Devils in 5 and Montreal in 6 and you see how well those predictions turned out ?
I will be the first to admit, I am not super-knowledgable with Hockey compared to other sports (growing up in my generation, Hawks games were not televised, it had a big impact), however, I have not read/seen anything to believe that the Flyers are superior in EVERY aspect of the game as you say they are compared to the team that just ran through the WC playoffs. Can the Flyers beat the Hawks, of course. My point is the Hawks will be favored, by a decent margin and rightfully so. If you want to say you are a better handicapper and smarter then the Vegas oddsmakers, go ahead, I can't combat delusion with fact.

What was the Vegas line on the Habs/Flyers series? Are the "experts" you are refering to the tards on ESPN or professional handicappers?
 
Old 05-24-2010, 08:00 AM
 
Location: Cook County
5,288 posts, read 6,362,931 times
Reputation: 3070
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
Hawks have Hossa and Quenville. That alone makes me wonder if they will win the cup. However, I do prefer the Hawks over Philly.
Yeah, I am not in camp-Hossa thats for darn sure. Luckily the Hawks don't rely on him too much, really in these playoffs, at all.
 
Old 05-24-2010, 09:42 AM
 
Location: Houston, TX
17,032 posts, read 26,870,341 times
Reputation: 16189
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
Hawks have Hossa and Quenville. That alone makes me wonder if they will win the cup. However, I do prefer the Hawks over Philly.
I agree...isnt Hossa part of 3 or 4 cup losers in a row? Talk about bandwagon guys.

BTW whoda thunk that two teams with their backup goaltenders would be playing for the cup?
 
Old 05-24-2010, 03:30 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
2,510 posts, read 3,272,466 times
Reputation: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I bet you wouldn't be so flip if he misspelled your name.

You're such a self-proclaimed expert on the Flyers; the least you could do is get their names right. Attention to detail goes a long way in establishing your credibility as an "expert."

You can apply the label of "expert" to me if you wish but I've never claimed to be an expert ? Can you show any post on here where I claim to be anything other that what my screen name indicates, a "fan" ? I suspect not. If you wish to give my opnions less credibilty due to a spelling error then so be it, however, you seem to be the only one on here whining about spelling rather than discussing the facts.
 
Old 05-24-2010, 03:40 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
2,510 posts, read 3,272,466 times
Reputation: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
I will be the first to admit, I am not super-knowledgable with Hockey compared to other sports (growing up in my generation, Hawks games were not televised, it had a big impact), however, I have not read/seen anything to believe that the Flyers are superior in EVERY aspect of the game as you say they are compared to the team that just ran through the WC playoffs. Can the Flyers beat the Hawks, of course. My point is the Hawks will be favored, by a decent margin and rightfully so. If you want to say you are a better handicapper and smarter then the Vegas oddsmakers, go ahead, I can't combat delusion with fact.

What was the Vegas line on the Habs/Flyers series? Are the "experts" you are refering to the tards on ESPN or professional handicappers?
I agree that the Hawks will probably be favored but my point was that the Devils and Habs were also favored too ? All we have now is the playoff stats to go by since regular season doesn't seem to have much bearing on what happens in the playoffs and those stats indicates that the Flyers and Hawks have played fairly equally. I never said that the Flyers were superior to the Hawks....I asked for opinions from posters on who they gave the "edge" to regarding forwards, defense, goaltending and coaching and you became offended by the mere thought that anyone would even dare compare the two teams. Finally.....I find your term "tards" offensive and ignorant.....theres nothing funny or humorous about that term.....you might want to consider a different adjective next time ?
 
Old 05-24-2010, 04:22 PM
 
Location: Cook County
5,288 posts, read 6,362,931 times
Reputation: 3070
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
I agree that the Hawks will probably be favored but my point was that the Devils and Habs were also favored too ? All we have now is the playoff stats to go by since regular season doesn't seem to have much bearing on what happens in the playoffs and those stats indicates that the Flyers and Hawks have played fairly equally. I never said that the Flyers were superior to the Hawks....I asked for opinions from posters on who they gave the "edge" to regarding forwards, defense, goaltending and coaching and you became offended by the mere thought that anyone would even dare compare the two teams. Finally.....I find your term "tards" offensive and ignorant.....theres nothing funny or humorous (redundancy FTW) about that term.....you might want to consider a different adjective next time ?
You said you give the edge to the Flyers in every single position. I said your statement is absurd, and I stand by it. I called the guys on ESPN a derrogatory term, there have been entire threads, more then once on this site devoted to bashing ESPN, using terms like that and much much worse. Thin skin is not going to hold up well on the interwebs.

And, again, you are ignoring the quality of competition, something that has to be considered when evaluating performance in any team sport over a duration of games.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top