Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 10:21 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,815,886 times

Advertisements

Apparently I need a separate NJ thread to express my cheering on of the flyers.

Let's Go Flyers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2010, 10:23 AM

4,085 posts, read 8,756,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
Apparently I need a separate NJ thread to express my cheering on of the flyers.

Let's Go Flyers!
The Flyers are from Philadelphia. Try the Pennsylvania forum. This is New Jersey, an entirely different state.

Old 04-17-2010, 10:43 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,815,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
The Flyers are from Philadelphia. Try the Pennsylvania forum. This is New Jersey, an entirely different state.
can a ny resident post support for the Giants? can the NY Giants team be mentioned in a NJ forum? does anyone for nj cheer on the rangers or islanders?

virtually 1/2 the geographical state pulls for the philly teams. . . .

Old 04-17-2010, 11:41 AM

5,969 posts, read 9,503,723 times
The Flyers are playing great. Go Flyers!!!

Old 04-17-2010, 01:12 PM

199 posts, read 524,557 times
Tough loss last night but it was a great game. I feel pretty confident heading back to Philly. As for the Devils fans complaining in this thread: there's probably more Flyers fans in New Jersey anyway.

Let's go Flyers!

Old 04-17-2010, 01:48 PM

85 posts, read 177,690 times
Flyers flyers flyers
flyers flyers flyers
flyers flyers flyers
flyers flyers flyers
flyers flyers flyers
flyers flyers flyers
flyers flyers flyers
flyers flyers flyers

Old 04-17-2010, 06:26 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,958,044 times
Quote:

I hate to inform you but from Trenton on South its pretty much Flyers country.

Old 04-17-2010, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJphillyfan View Post
Tough loss last night but it was a great game. I feel pretty confident heading back to Philly. As for the Devils fans complaining in this thread: there's probably more Flyers fans in New Jersey anyway.

Let's go Flyers!
I was reading in another New Jersey forum Devils fans feel like last night was "big win". The Devils are a 2nd seed team playing a 7th seed team using their 3rd string goaltender that they finished 20 points ahead of in the regular season in their own building that they already lost game one to and if not for a late period goal game two would have went into overtime.
Additionally, you have Koval"choke" celebrating an empty net goal like he just scored the Stanely Cup winning goal.......if this was a "big win" and the Flyers are giving them all they can handle and more what are they going to do if they beat the Flyers and have to face a real contender for the Cup ? Some fans the Devils have.....they can't even fill their own building for a must win playoff game !!! As for the Flyers lets hope Boucher can hold the fort until Leighton comes back from the high ankle sprain.

Old 04-17-2010, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Sadly the Devils couldn't draw enough fans to fill up their own building for a must win game two in the Stanley Cup playoffs.....instead of whining about Flyers fans you should be down on your knees thanking the loyal Flyers fans for buying up all the empty seats in the Devils building to cheer the Flyers on which provided extra revenue for your struggling team which you can use to resign Koval"Choke" in the off season.

Old 04-19-2010, 08:15 AM

61 posts, read 139,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
Sadly the Devils couldn't draw enough fans to fill up their own building for a must win game two in the Stanley Cup playoffs.....instead of whining about Flyers fans you should be down on your knees thanking the loyal Flyers fans for buying up all the empty seats in the Devils building to cheer the Flyers on which provided extra revenue for your struggling team which you can use to resign Koval"Choke" in the off season.
Sorry to burst your bubble but I was at the game Friday night and contrary to what you probably read in the Philly media outlets there were no empty seats and relatively few Flyer fans..

On the plus side for the orange and black; the ones that were there were very well behaved almost to the point of being meek and refuted the stereotype of Philly sports fans as moronic thugs that excel in drinking themselves into oblivion and instigating brawls with anyone around them ... so kudos for that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey