U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-14-2010, 10:49 PM
 
Location: Sacramento
13,784 posts, read 23,823,436 times
Reputation: 6195

Advertisements

That was one exciting game. Not much of a hockey fan myself, but I have been a Flyers fan sice they first came into the league.

Would love to see this team take it all.

That coaching change they did during the season made a huge difference.

They are a great story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-14-2010, 11:27 PM
 
Location: Northeast PA
436 posts, read 854,417 times
Reputation: 428
The Flyers have had ups and downs all season long, and I had grown tired of their lack of consistency. After the way they came back in this series, I gotta give them mad props. Both Conference Finals should be quite interesting and entertaining.

P.S. What an absolute chocking situation by the Bruins in this series.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2010, 05:29 AM
 
34,423 posts, read 41,527,053 times
Reputation: 29893
As i was watching another series i didnt pay much attention to the Bruins Flyers series, What happened to Boston after game 3? did they lose a major player?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2010, 05:35 AM
 
Location: Philaburbia
32,404 posts, read 59,910,649 times
Reputation: 54063
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-HA!

Fabulous game. I thought they were toast, until they scored the second goal and I could tell they were going to win that game or die tryin'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2010, 09:28 AM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,353,052 times
Reputation: 9451
If the Flyers don't win the CUP the comeback won't mean anything
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2010, 10:19 AM
 
Location: Moose Jaw, in between the Moose's butt and nose.
4,969 posts, read 7,324,564 times
Reputation: 1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
As i was watching another series i didnt pay much attention to the Bruins Flyers series, What happened to Boston after game 3? did they lose a major player?
Marco Sturm was lost in game 1, Krejci was lost in game 3 or 4. With Savard coming back and those two going down, you could say they lost 1 key player, but they still had 4 chances to get it done and they didn't. Unreal. Boston and Montreal would have sold to the press and casual fan a lot more than Montreal and Philadelphia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2010, 11:48 AM
 
Location: New Jersey
2,510 posts, read 3,276,673 times
Reputation: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
If the Flyers don't win the CUP the comeback won't mean anything

I doubt that Boston feels the way you do.......and.......no matter who wins the Cup history was made last night by the Flyers......those following this series have been reminded repeatedly that coming back from a 0-3 series deficit has only occured twice in over 100 years by sports writers, TV game coverage and NHL advertisements. Would it be nice to win the Cup too.....sure.....but if you think this accomplishment will be forgotten if they don't then your sadly mistaken. The last time(s) this happened was 1942 and 1975 and its still being heralded as a significant accomplishment today and will continue to be until some team years down the road does it again !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2010, 11:51 AM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,353,052 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
I doubt that Boston feels the way you do.......and.......no matter who wins the Cup history was made last night by the Flyers......those following this series have been reminded repeatedly that coming back from a 0-3 series deficit has only occured twice in over 100 years by sports writers, TV game coverage and NHL advertisements. Would it be nice to win the Cup too.....sure.....but if you think this accomplishment will be forgotten if they don't then your sadly mistaken. The last time(s) this happened was 1942 and 1975 and its still being heralded as a significant accomplishment today and will continue to be until some team years down the road does it again !!!


Atleast the RedSox won the WS unlike the 75 and 42 Team
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2010, 01:54 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
2,510 posts, read 3,276,673 times
Reputation: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Atleast the RedSox won the WS unlike the 75 and 42 Team
We're talking hockey here......not baseball......but, just for the record the Leafs did win the Cup in 1942 defeating Detroit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2010, 02:07 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,353,052 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
We're talking hockey here......not baseball......but, just for the record the Leafs did win the Cup in 1942 defeating Detroit.

Well the 42 Leafs should be the only team mentioned not the 75 Islanders
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top