Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is your favourite fighter?
Andrew Peters 1 5.88%
Eric Godard 0 0%
Riley Cote 4 23.53%
Jody Shelley 0 0%
Trevor Gillies 1 5.88%
Ben Eager 0 0%
Brad May 0 0%
Wade Belak 0 0%
D.J. King 0 0%
Jared Boll 0 0%
Chris Neil 0 0%
Shawn Thornton 0 0%
Colton Orr 2 11.76%
Darcy Hordichuk 1 5.88%
David Koci 0 0%
Brian McGrattan 0 0%
Derek Boogaard 5 29.41%
Zack Stortini 1 5.88%
Brad Staubitz 0 0%
Paul Bissonnette 0 0%
Raitis Ivanans 0 0%
George Parros 1 5.88%
Krys Barch 0 0%
Eric Boulton 0 0%
Zenon Konopka 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 04:08 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,144,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
The Flyers certainly weren't an original 6 either but through excellent ownership and management managed to win the Cup in just 7 years. Additionally, our owner didn't whine about the building his team played in as he build the building his Flyers played in with his own money... BOTH of them. If you don't have the money to run with the big dogs don't get involved and then whine about money and building condition.
I wish Wang would build one on his own but he is dealing with the county government and the people who lease him the coliseum so it's a little tricky. I wish we had someone like the NJ Nets new owner (the Russian Billionaire) who was willing to pay for it all. Hopefully we are on the right path now though, with the strategy of the youth movement and good goaltending. Unfortunately we are not the highest bidders for free agents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2010, 04:34 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,976,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
I wish Wang would build one on his own but he is dealing with the county government so it's a little tricky.
Sinder managed to negotiate with the corrupt City of Philadelphia government to construct TWO buildings so it can't be that "tricky". I suspect the problem is that people are just accustomed to listening to lame excuses from team owners on why they can't put up the money to build their own arenas and get the job done. Perhaps if fans united and spoke up it wouldn't be so easy for team owners to continually offer lame excuses ?

Old 05-22-2010, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Sinder managed to negotiate with the corrupt City of Philadelphia government to construct TWO buildings so it can't be that "tricky". I suspect the problem is that people are just accustomed to listening to lame excuses from team owners on why they can't put up the money to build their own arenas and get the job done. Perhaps if fans united and spoke up it wouldn't be so easy for team owners to continually offer lame excuses ?
Sorry if your area is corrupt but nassau and suffolk county are watched carefully in their dealings. Wang probably does have enough money but the county governments don't want to do much and that's no secret. Fans have been speaking up and blasting politicians as well but it doesn't matter. Wang could easily move the team away and no one hear wants that. That is his leverage against the county executives. I wish he would just sell the team to some free spending billionaire.

Old 05-22-2010, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Sorry if your area is corrupt but nassau and suffolk county are watched carefully in their dealings.

I'm not from Philadelphia but from South Jersey, however, that being clarified I find it most amusing that your willing conceed that Philadelphia politicians are corrupt but Nassau and Suffolk Counties are too closely watched to have any corrupt politicians ? Whos watching over them so carefully that creates so much fear of being caught.....Tie Domi ?

Old 05-23-2010, 08:14 AM

Quote:
I'm not from Philadelphia but from South Jersey, however, that being clarified I find it most amusing that your willing conceed that Philadelphia politicians are corrupt but Nassau and Suffolk Counties are too closely watched to have any corrupt politicians ? Whos watching over them so carefully that creates so much fear of being caught.....Tie Domi ?
Boy, you just pick and choose which words to go off instead of full sentences don't ya? I could never say they're all not corrupt but they have been scrutinized for years so they have been watched carefully and all spending has been gone over with a fine tooth comb. Any possible deals have been attacked by accounting firms on state and local levels to see where taxes will go, and what affect it would have on tax payers too. The Lighthouse Project is very detailed so they're being very careful about it and not just jumping in. Feel free to do a search on it before you go blasting what you have no idea about. Brain dead Schultz isn't supervising this transaction.

Old 05-23-2010, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Boy, you just pick and choose which words to go off instead of full sentences don't ya? I could never say they're all not corrupt but they have been scrutinized for years so they have been watched carefully and all spending has been gone over with a fine tooth comb. Any possible deals have been attacked by accounting firms on state and local levels to see where taxes will go, and what affect it would have on tax payers too. The Lighthouse Project is very detailed so they're being very careful about it and not just jumping in. Feel free to do a search on it before you go blasting what you have no idea about. Brain dead Schultz isn't supervising this transaction.
I've never seen anyone offer as many excuses as you for incompetency....

Old 05-23-2010, 02:21 PM

Quote:
I've never seen anyone offer as many excuses as you for incompetency....
I'm not making excuses. Wang doesn't want to pay for a new building. Local governments are leery about signing on to the Lighthouse Project. Also without a new building and/or blank checks, we're not going to be able to compete with the Ranger and Devils to name a few when it comes to bidding for free agents. FACT NOT FICTION, and DEFINITELY not an excuse! Incompetency is thinking you know exactly what is going on with my team. Unfortunately Islander fans no this exactly and there is not much we can do. That's why he explored moving the team to KC and possibly Canada.

Old 05-23-2010, 06:50 PM

Quote:
I'm not making excuses.
Sure sounds like excuses from this end ?

Old 05-23-2010, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Sure sounds like excuses from this end ?
Excuses are defending the poor outcome of something with hypothesis'. Facts are saying it like it is. Let me grab you a dictionary if that's too tough for you.

Old 05-24-2010, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Excuses are defending the poor outcome of something with hypothesis'. Facts are saying it like it is. Let me grab you a dictionary if that's too tough for you.

Sorry.....still sounds like excuses for a floundering, mismanaged team to me ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey