U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-14-2010, 08:15 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,549,347 times
Reputation: 9451

Advertisements

For that horrible collapse to the Flyers. If Not then I will start applying to NHL coaching positios because it obviously takes no skill if that IDIOT is still employed after that collapse. What a Disgrace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-14-2010, 08:28 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
2,510 posts, read 3,290,505 times
Reputation: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
For that horrible collapse to the Flyers. If Not then I will start applying to NHL coaching positios because it obviously takes no skill if that IDIOT is still employed after that collapse. What a Disgrace


Should the coach shoulder the entire responsibility for the collapse ? I'm sure that wasn't the game plan he told the players to follow ? Although, if I remember correctly wasn't he fired two years ago by Uncle Lou of the Devils 8 games prior to the playoffs when the team was in first place but Uncle Lou felt the team wasn't "playoff ready" ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2010, 04:22 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,549,347 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
Should the coach shoulder the entire responsibility for the collapse ? I'm sure that wasn't the game plan he told the players to follow ? Although, if I remember correctly wasn't he fired two years ago by Uncle Lou of the Devils 8 games prior to the playoffs when the team was in first place but Uncle Lou felt the team wasn't "playoff ready" ?

The Flyers had no business winning that series and he should not have a job any longer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2010, 05:22 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
2,510 posts, read 3,290,505 times
Reputation: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
The Flyers had no business winning that series and he should not have a job any longer
Not sure about the logic that the Flyers had no business winning the series ? I'd sure be curious to hear some facts to support that statement. I suppose they had no business eliminating the second seed Devils in 5 games either ? The whole idea of a 7 game series is to allow the better team to win and thats apparently what happened......the ability to make adjustments that will allow you to overcome adversity and the defensive and offensive systems being employed by your opponent is what its all about and the Flyers did that better than the Bruins. Not only were the Bruins eventually outplayed but they were outcoached too. The coaching move that turned game 7 around was when Laviolette called a time out near the end of the first period and calmed his team down....after that it was ALL Flyers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top