U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 02:14 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,276,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
The Canadians got their punishment: they lost. In pretty embarassing fashion too.
I personally don't know (or really care at this point) if it was true, but that would be ironic if it were true. The Canadiens in the 75-76 finals said they were taking back the cup away from the rogue element of the game and have always considered themselves an image of class and ettiquite.

Everyone forgets that Bernie was hurt in that series and out and McLeish was injured and out too..... and if I remember correctly every game was lost by one goal.

Old 05-27-2010, 03:11 PM

32,396 posts, read 59,890,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
Now that I think more about this.....exactly how was it dealt with ?
By sharpening their skates and getting on with the game. Like I said, this isn't the first time this little "prank" has occurred. It wasn't the end of the world, and the Canadiens didn't benefit by it anyway.

Doesn't make it right, but there's no point in sputtering and blathering about it.

Old 05-27-2010, 05:51 PM

20,419 posts, read 37,688,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
By sharpening their skates and getting on with the game. Like I said, this isn't the first time this little "prank" has occurred. It wasn't the end of the world, and the Canadiens didn't benefit by it anyway.

Doesn't make it right, but there's no point in sputtering and blathering about it.
Amen... especially about the sputtering and blathering!

Old 05-27-2010, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
sputtering and blathering!

I have to be honest in that I find the lack of concern about a blatant attempt to cheat doesn't offend more people and to voice a concern about cheating is labeled "sputtering and blathering". Since when did cheathing become acceptable ? I get it that many aren't exactly fans of the Flyers but this is supposed to be a game steeped in over 100 years of honor and tradition and we're competing for the oldest awarded championship trophy yet in many eyes apparently cheating now has its place in this competition ? Forget the fact that it was the Flyers and Montreal ended up losing and honestly ask yourself why your willing to overlook cheating......isn't there some type of moral alarm going off somewhere in your head saying this is wrong and unacceptable on any level....that there should be some type of visual penalty to send a message that the League won't tolerate this type of behavior ?

Old 05-28-2010, 07:53 AM

660 posts, read 1,330,053 times
Oh PU-LEEZ!

Your source of information is what.....some hockey blog and the fact that some announcer noticed the Flyers were falling down a lot?

No RELIABLE source at all and you act as if it's a FACT.

It could have been the ice itself. The Habs players are more used to it while the Flyers wouldn't be.

No huge mystery and certainly you have no official confirmation of this supposed "mysterious substance".

Quite whining....your team won for goodness sakes!

Old 05-28-2010, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTurner View Post
It could have been the ice itself. The Habs players are more used to it while the Flyers wouldn't be.
Ridiculous

Old 05-28-2010, 08:20 AM

Not NEARLY as ridiculous as your whining over some unconfirmed rumor!

Typical Flyer fan crying over conspiracy theories.... even when they win.

Old 05-28-2010, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTurner View Post
Typical Flyer fan crying over conspiracy theories.... even when they win.
Don't you dare include me in that group ... See what happens when you try to pigeonhole people ...

Although if you've got a good conspiracy theory, I'm all ears.

And by the way, the cause of the skate issue, and whatever was on the floor, was discussed on Versus the night of the game, so the info doesn't come just from the blog of a hockey fan who hasn't been out of his (or her!) parents' basement in 20 years ...

Old 05-28-2010, 09:39 AM

Oh.....OK. And those Versus announcers are simply the best in the business too.

Discussed isn't proof of anything.

Old 05-28-2010, 10:00 AM

Oh, good grief. In the future, please read posts more carefully. There is no proof of anything. Which pretty much has been my point the whole way through this idiotic thread.

Go ahead and move your lips if you need to comprehend this better: The fact that the team a) was having skate issues; and b) had covered the floor in front of the locker room with towels was brought up during the game. That is all.

Sheesh. My ignore list is getting long ...

Last edited by Ohiogirl81; 05-28-2010 at 10:09 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or