U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 03:34 PM

17,032 posts, read 26,919,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Nobody could give away tickets before Super Mario. And a lot of teams couldn't afterwards either. Loyal fan base? The Blackhawks?? You could hear crickets in the United Center during Hawks games just 3 or 4 years ago. Granted, that was largely in response to shtty ownership, but still...

How easy it is to forget how close to the brink of collapse the NHL was not too long ago. In more ideal times, Winnipeg and Quebec would still have NHL teams.
Yep...I was a cricket from 97-03. To say Wirtz Sr. (RIP) was not liked by fans was a tremendous understatement. I dont think they tried being competitive during the Jordan years as the Bulls were getting all the fans entertainment dollar.

Old 06-10-2010, 04:11 PM

8,163 posts, read 13,206,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
I am sure everyone is waiting to hear from me so first, let me congratulate all you Hawks fans out there for your victory.....it was deserved. Looking in retrospect the factor that did the Flyers in and gave the Hawks the victory was first line performance. Richards, Carter and Gagne just never got on track and scored in the finals and while Toews, Kane ,etc struggled to begin with evenutally they came through in the last two games which made the winning difference for Chicago. If Carter had not shot over the top of the net in the final minutes last night we would be playing a game 7 on Friday.....Chicago scored when they absolutely needed to and we didn't.....its that simple. Congratulations Chicago.
Why don't you try this one.......we were outplayed!!! Our first line was shot down by the blackhawks defense and goaltending. That would be proper credit, and not that the Flyers didn't show up.

Old 06-10-2010, 04:12 PM

20,976 posts, read 16,300,016 times
We lost to a better team. No biggie.

Old 06-10-2010, 04:14 PM

8,163 posts, read 13,206,923 times
Quote:
Can't you ever give credit where credit is due ? Who cares if the Hawks are "typically" between a 23 and 25 ranking in the NHL.....they wern't this year and this is the year that counts. Why not just accept the fact that your beloved Pittsburg choked and move on.....unless you wish to dig into Pittsburgh history too and then we can discuss the absolutely horrid pre Mario Pittsburgh teams that used to be found living in the NHL basement or perhaps the putrid Pittsburgh teams that didn't win a single game at the Philadelphia Spectrum for FIFTEEN years from 1974 to 1989, managing their first win there only after Mario had been around for 5 years ?
I guess this would also mean that the FLYERS CHOKED. Why can all the other fans of Philly give credit (which I respect them for because it sucks to lose) but you can't. Are you just some sore loser or just in denial?

Old 06-10-2010, 05:27 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,281,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
Why don't you try this one.......we were outplayed!!! Our first line was shot down by the blackhawks defense and goaltending. That would be proper credit, and not that the Flyers didn't show up.

I'd be happy to try that if it truly fit but it doesn't.....the absolute fact of the matter is our first line was outplayed. 3 to 3 going into overtime in game 6 doesn't indicate a vast difference in the level of play between the two teams....even though we peppered Nieme in the overtime Chicagos first line managed to score while ours didn't....if you wish to call that outplayed then please feel free to do so.

By the way.....would you please remind us all how many goals the Islanders first line scored in the playoffs this year ? Oh....wait....thats right....they didn't make the playoffs

Old 06-10-2010, 05:28 PM

6,783 posts, read 10,194,485 times
Congrats to the Blackhawks, their fans and the City of Chicago! Great job.

Old 06-10-2010, 05:34 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,422,053 times
Quote:
I'd be happy to try that if it truly fit but it doesn't.....the absolute fact of the matter is our first line was outplayed. 3 to 3 going into overtime in game 6 doesn't indicate a vast difference in the level of play between the two teams....even though we peppered Nieme in the overtime Chicagos first line managed to score while ours didn't....if you wish to call that outplayed then please feel free to do so.

By the way.....would you please remind us all how many goals the Islanders first line scored in the playoffs this year ? Oh....wait....thats right....they didn't make the playoffs
The more you refused to accept the blackhawks are better you are only hurting yourself

Old 06-10-2010, 05:36 PM

38,690 posts, read 89,337,974 times
Quote:

They played 6 games. Your team lost 4 of them. They got outplayed. That's why the cup is here and not there.

The End.

Old 06-10-2010, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
I guess this would also mean that the FLYERS CHOKED. Why can all the other fans of Philly give credit (which I respect them for because it sucks to lose) but you can't. Are you just some sore loser or just in denial?
Choked ? Typically choke is usually defined as a heavily favored team losing to a much lower seeded team. As the 7th seed Philly was never favored to win in any of the playoff series they were in yet they not only won they did it in convincing fashion in two of the series, struggled in one but set an nhl record for coming back from a 0-3 deficit and then went on to game 6 in the Stanley Cup Final. Choke.....are you nuts ??? You want a definition of "choke".....look up choke in the dictionary and you'll see a picture of Washington or Pittsburgh in the playoffs.....or you can just take a look at the Islanders entire season.....thats choke my friend.

Old 06-10-2010, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
The more you refused to accept the blackhawks are better you are only hurting yourself
Before you stick your foot in your mouth any further I suggest you review post # 117 where I congratulate the Hawks ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or