U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-10-2010, 07:57 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
2,510 posts, read 3,272,943 times
Reputation: 621

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
By your definition the Islanders over achieved and didn't choke. We were the underdogs in almost every game; but I know how you always do things. The Islanders aren't a playoff team, that makes you feel better, right? Sounds like someone avoiding the question and making excuses, now doesn't it? HYPOCRITE!!!

Name calling me isn't going to change the Islanders desperate situation

 
Old 06-10-2010, 07:59 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
2,510 posts, read 3,272,943 times
Reputation: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTurner View Post
If you don't know what is meant by seeding is meaningless once the playoffs START, then you're beyond bothering with.
Good, I hope thats a promise.....Goodbye.
 
Old 06-10-2010, 08:31 PM
 
660 posts, read 1,329,168 times
Reputation: 207
I didn't say it was a promise.

So let's take YOUR logic and examine this then....

You said on this very forum before that the fact that Philly was only a 7th seed and only got into the playoffs by one shootout goal meant nothing in regards to how they'd do in the playoffs. If I remember correctly, you said the regular season meant nothing after the playoffs began.

Now you want to say that being a higher seeded team or a lower seeded team going into the playoffs does mean a lot.

Yet, at the very same time, you want us to believe that isn't a contradiction at all.

So, by your own logic, the fact that Pittsburgh dominated Philly in the regular season, finished with 101 points, and finished as the 4th seed, would mean that the Flyers were very lucky that they didn't have to play Pittsburgh in the 1st or 2nd round or they'd have never made it to the final (something that I totally agree with BTW) .

Again by your own logic, Montreal and Philly were actually totally equal teams since they both finished the season with 88 points (Philly had the tie-breaker allowing them to escape being the 8th seed). Right?

If people here really wanted to expose you, they'd go back and quote all the many foot-in-the-mouth statements you've made....like that the truth is going to fall on Hawk's fans heads and how Leighton, the guy that got chased TWICE, was the better goalie. You should be happy people are just relishing the win and not bothering with the sour grapes you are spewing.

People get tired of debating with people who chase their own tail and debate in circles. Eventually, they just wear down dealing with the nonsense and allow you to have that last word that you seem to so pathetically live for. Too bad for you that's not the same as proving anything.
 
Old 06-10-2010, 08:35 PM
 
660 posts, read 1,329,168 times
Reputation: 207
One last correction for the record:

Quote:
As the 7th seed Philly was never favored to win in any of the playoff series they were in
I thought you said (suddenly now) that seeding was important? Therefore, this statement is wrong since Montreal was the 8th seed. Philly had to be favored...right?


Quote:
set an nhl record for coming back from a 0-3 deficit
It WOULD be a record if it had NEVER been done before....but again, that's not true.
 
Old 06-11-2010, 03:40 PM
 
Location: Long Island,New York
8,163 posts, read 13,184,824 times
Reputation: 2488
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
Name calling me isn't going to change the Islanders desperate situation
Well you are the one that consistently changes the subject when things are unfavorable. Just like when I described how your team lost and you made it about the Islanders. You talk about me making excuses, but the Islander team had nothing to do with the Flyers losing but you keep changing the subject. That makes you a hypocrite.
 
Old 06-11-2010, 07:23 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
2,510 posts, read 3,272,943 times
Reputation: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
Well you are the one that consistently changes the subject when things are unfavorable. Just like when I described how your team lost and you made it about the Islanders. You talk about me making excuses, but the Islander team had nothing to do with the Flyers losing but you keep changing the subject. That makes you a hypocrite.
Hypocrite ? HAH. A fan of a team who didn't even make the playoffs talking trash about a team that lost in game 6 of the Stanley Cup Final......you have got to be kidding ????
 
Old 06-12-2010, 09:52 AM
 
660 posts, read 1,329,168 times
Reputation: 207
A hypocrite changes direction in the middle of the steam, flip-flops, and contradicts themselves. You do that constantly.

I guess the shoe fits you well PhlyerPhan.
 
Old 06-12-2010, 11:38 AM
 
Location: Long Island,New York
8,163 posts, read 13,184,824 times
Reputation: 2488
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
Hypocrite ? HAH. A fan of a team who didn't even make the playoffs talking trash about a team that lost in game 6 of the Stanley Cup Final......you have got to be kidding ????
When you tell me to stop changing the subject and making excuses, why the Islanders can't draw like larger market teams. Then I ask you why they lost, and you make excuses or change the subject and make it about the Islanders. That is what's called a hypocrite. I'm sorry if you are unfamiliar with the word or can't acknowledge the short comings of your quest for the cup. I know it hurts. Making it all that way, then falling on your face. That's sports! It's all or nothing. At the end of this season, the Blackhawks got the cup, and the Flyers got nothing. How about going out with a little dignity and a little respect for the winners? But you won't. Now you can try and sell the fact of it being a good season if that makes you feel better. My rebuilding team gets a top pick, what do you get? I know what you give....EXCUSES!!!! Enjoy! I'm waiting for the laundry list to come out anytime now!!!
 
Old 06-12-2010, 11:49 AM
 
Location: New Jersey
2,510 posts, read 3,272,943 times
Reputation: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
I'm waiting for the laundry list to come out anytime now!!!
Enjoy your wait .......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top