Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2011, 05:20 PM

259 posts, read 823,107 times

Advertisements

Also my parents bought 6 doors that were delivered last week for a 3 season porch they want to put on the back deck. Guess I know what I will be doing come spring.

And took one of my tractors out of their garage so they could have their garage back for the winter. Still got a lot of stuff to move to one of my barns before my mom gives it away, lol.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 05:35 AM

9 posts, read 18,381 times
Wow thats a lot of work.
I like the first farm house and will be waiting for the updates on it.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:08 AM

Thanks! I will have an update on the farm house later this week. Finally getting my buddy to come over tomorrow to hep me with the ceiling joists.

Spreading some lime...

Here's a few pics of the wall. Will look a lot nicer come summer and its actually full of flowers/plants. Still got to finish the bottom terrace.

Old 11-16-2011, 03:50 PM

Disking in the lime.

Got all of the old insulation out in the living room today. What a mess that was. Sorry the pics are bad, it was getting dark so I turned the flash on. I am no camera expert.

Old 11-16-2011, 03:50 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,426,125 times
I wanted to compliment you on your photos. Good photos make reading about a project so much more enjoyable.

Old 11-17-2011, 03:03 PM

Thanks! They aren't the best pics, but I love seeing other peoples projects so I try to take as many pics as I can to show too!

Well these pics were from around noon today, didn't get a chance to take any pics tonight so some stuff might now be done in the pics.

Got all the joists up and what a fun time it was. They are all nailed to the ends of the original joists. The original joists were bowing like crazy. Put my relief cuts in the old joists so the new ones can bring them back to level. There was a closest on the second story that wasn't allowing me to get the new joists level as the second story floor was sinking around the closest area. So I had to remove the closets on the second floor to let the floor come up to level. I was going to remove them anyway as I am going to add a bath/closest in the small room (the room that's at the far end of the pics) The door to the small room will be about where it was now, but it will lead to a bath and then a walk in closest will be on the other side of it (splitting the small room in half to make it a bath and closest).

Have all the headers up, they just weren't in the pics. Still have to put the 2x4's in the wall under the new joists.

The second floor (to the right of the pic is the stairway going downstairs) This is all above the two rooms I am working on on the main floor.

Getting there.

And most of it down.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:39 PM

You should start a blog about the project. With your photos and your good way of explaining, I'm sure it would be very successful.

Old 11-17-2011, 07:01 PM

13,055 posts, read 18,105,705 times
It is a pleasure to see not only how talented you are but how neat!

Old 11-17-2011, 10:36 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,791,113 times
Can hardly wait for the House Warming Party
I'm sure my invitation is in the mail............

Thanks for sharing all your hard work,then taking the time to post pics. I look forward to each one.

Old 11-17-2011, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
Can hardly wait for the House Warming Party
I'm sure my invitation is in the mail............

Thanks for sharing all your hard work,then taking the time to post pics. I look forward to each one.

Yes, Pippy, your invitation to the combination Housewarming Party and TFW's- Adoption-of-Wagonproject is in the mail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating