U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-02-2011, 09:12 PM

259 posts, read 495,671 times
Well I've never been more proud to see something, flag is flying. I still need to put my light up. I got a temporary one up tonight though. Not sure how to put it up as it needs to be off the ground a few as the snow really blows up there and we plow the snow that way. Thinking maybe a small wood pole with a fake birdhouse and have the roof of it angled. Then put the light setup in the roof so it shines up on the flag. Also still need to put a thing around the bottom of the pole to cover the sand and put something towards the bottom to connect the rope to. Also its got a 3'x5' flag, looks a little small when you get close to the pole but from the end of the driveway/road it looks really nice. May try a 4'x6' flag to see what it looks like. Now I can't wait to put one up at my house.

Pipe coming from the house. Still need to put pea gravel and then rocks over the pipe.

Out the other side of the deck and out to the flag pole.

Bottom of the flag pole.

And the flag.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2011, 01:48 AM

10,362 posts, read 7,734,359 times
GORGEOUS JOB!!! The flag is awesome!! Everything else looks great too! I've been wondering how you were doing this past month. Thanks so much for the update.

Old 10-13-2011, 09:29 PM

4,315 posts, read 1,241,162 times
Awesome job! Please keep posting!

Old 10-13-2011, 11:18 PM

7,290 posts, read 4,437,669 times
Well, you are awesome! To be 22 again!

Great job!

Old 10-26-2011, 06:56 PM

Thanks!!

Well I am waiting on a buddy to help me with new 2x10 ceiling joists for the first floor ceiling I am going to sister them to the old ceiling joists and then cut some of the old ones to release some of the pressure from them. Also going to put new 2x4s next to the old ones in the walls to support the new 2x10's. Had a couple foam insulation companies come out and look at the walls. One was the open cell and the other one was closed cell. Still doing a lot of reading on each as it seems everyone says something different, though I am leaning towards the open cell.

But I did get some work done at my parents house today. Putting up a couple rock walls on the side of their house with some of those rocks I brought there in my previous post.

How it looked when I started this morning.

The 4 big lids you see are for the septic tanks. Instead of having to dig up the ground every time to pump the septic tanks I put in some "risers." I dug out the septic tanks and put (4) 4' plastic corrugated pipes on top of each concrete lid on the septic tank. Sealed them to the concrete and back filled the dirt back around them. Now all you have to do is remove the big lid on top and step down onto the top of the concrete septic tank and remove the concrete lid to it. I am going to build/tie in a flower bed to the house that goes around the lids. Probably put bark on top of the lids that way all you have to do is shovel the bark off.

Yours truly.

Getting there.

It was to dark when I finished tonight to take pics of the rest of the progress I got done, but I will take some tomorrow.

And just a pic to show the relation of my parents house to my house. You can see my house in the top right corner above my field.

If your still reading this, hopefully its worth it, lol. Thanks.

Old 10-27-2011, 04:18 AM

What a wonderful, hard-working son you are, wagonproject! Your parents must be so glad to have you living so close to them!

Old 10-27-2011, 07:55 AM

Thanks!

Well here's how it sits right now. Still got some things to change/move, but I am happy with how it turned out. Got to put in a 1' round corrugated pipe in the ground under the deck post in the corner by the rock wall this morning and pour concrete in as I had to take out the old footing.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:47 AM

15,537 posts, read 17,671,283 times
That looks super!

Old 10-27-2011, 11:54 AM

2,402 posts, read 1,719,236 times
Looks great!

Old 10-27-2011, 04:51 PM

May I adopt you???? Awesome!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating