U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 05:59 PM

256 posts, read 797,579 times

Advertisements

I love Cattknap's home too. I especially love the perfect balance of the platter next to the floral picture.

My house gets a lot of dust because we live near a rock quarry. I would go insane trying to deal with the dust if I decorated like Cattknap. So, while I love the style, I am unable to use it myself. It's funny how many things factor into our decorating decisions isn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2011, 12:47 PM

553 posts, read 762,266 times
You could find sturdy pieces that need a little TLC and paint or refinish. I was given the ugliest blond or pickled oak wood Broyhill set ever...with brass curved handles. However, it was very solid. I removed the hardware, patched the holes, drilled new holes (for new hardware), gave it a light sanding, primer, and a few coats of paint and it was better than new. Looks straight out of a Pottery Barn catalog. Cost: $40

Old 01-26-2011, 10:18 PM

345 posts, read 638,482 times
Thanks for all the great feedback~ reps to all.

I apologize for the response-delay, (nasty sinus infection, I'll spare the details).

Wow, you guys posted such great pics. Here's some pics to illustrate what I'm looking for:

Cottage Home Furniture | Beach House Furniture | Beach Cottage Furniture

Cottage Home Furniture | Cottage Painted Furniture

Thanks again

Old 01-26-2011, 10:31 PM

23,443 posts, read 18,041,657 times
Could you post some pix of the room(s) you wanna work on?
That would help soooooooo much!

Old 01-27-2011, 08:52 AM

41,267 posts, read 25,016,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I lovelovelove that house, and all the wonderful things in it, but I think I have told you that before, lol
That house is a classic cottage look, because of the "controlled mix".
I like it too...but, who does all the cleaning and dusting?

Old 01-27-2011, 09:08 AM

5,270 posts, read 11,741,239 times
My husband and I do all the dusting and cleaning....3200 square feet - my husband helps too. I also volunteer as head of a large woman's organization that is in 10 different cities throughout my state (so I travel). I do monthly dinner parties for 20 to 30 people (I love to cook) and I am a gardener (outside during the spring and summer and inside during the winter) and we have an active social life and sometimes we travel....I don't work but I am 60 years old. I used to work full time and my house looked basically the same. I have no children at home (except when the grands come for a few weeks in the summer) and I do have a helpful husband so that is a big plus.

I actually enjoy dusting and cleaning - honestly I do.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I like it too...but, who does all the cleaning and dusting?
Lol..........I know what you mean!

Old 01-27-2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattknap View Post
My husband and I do all the dusting and cleaning....3200 square feet - my husband helps too. I also volunteer as head of a large woman's organization that is in 10 different cities throughout my state (so I travel). I do monthly dinner parties for 20 to 30 people (I love to cook) and I am a gardener (outside during the spring and summer and inside during the winter) and we have an active social life and sometimes we travel....I don't work but I am 60 years old. I used to work full time and my house looked basically the same. I have no children at home (except when the grands come for a few weeks in the summer) and I do have a helpful husband so that is a big plus.

When I grow up, I wanna be you!

Old 01-27-2011, 03:15 PM

14,706 posts, read 10,025,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattknap View Post

^^^^I LOVE THIS!! (except for that last line )

Old 01-27-2011, 03:18 PM

5,270 posts, read 11,741,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
^^^^I LOVE THIS!! (except for that last line )
You girls are a hoot and a half. Thanks for the giggle!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating