Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 12:21 PM

43,011 posts, read 107,997,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepthelegend View Post
some from Ebay

10 X 8 Meshkabad Oriental Area Rugs Carpet - eBay (item 120676866440 end time Feb-02-11 18:40:15 PST) (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120676866440&ssPageNam e=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_7882wt_905 - broken link)

light blue persian floral oriental 8x10 area rug carpet - eBay (item 230579059532 end time Feb-03-11 14:08:46 PST) (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230579059532&ssPageNam e=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_2845wt_905 - broken link)
Most of your choices are too light and airy for the furniture.

Don't buy any of the rugs that have a significant amount of blue. Stick with the green as your main color.

Of the ones you chose, the following is the best choice. It will help you make your room transitional instead of traditional:

Indoor/ Outdoor Sage Rug (7'6 x 9'6) | Overstock.com

But don't buy that one. It's an indoor/outdoor rug. Use it as an example of what would work well for your room.

This one is okay because it has deep colors, but it's not very pretty:

Lyndhurst Sage Rug (7'9 x 10'9) | Overstock.com

These are too neutral and bland:

Alexa Austin Oriental Persian Beige Rug (7'10 x 11'2) | Overstock.com

Lyndhurst Heritage Cream Rug (7'9 x 10'9) | Overstock.com

I don't like any of the blue rugs for your room as it is now. They're not right for the wall color, blinds or sofas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 12:25 PM

72 posts, read 141,130 times
Alexa Austin Modern Burgundy/ Beige Damask Pattern Rug (7'10 x 11'2) | Overstock.com

This one has burgundy, which is also in the fireplace granite.

I like this one too http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden...5/product.html

Old 01-28-2011, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Out of everything you have posted, this one is the best!

I agree it's the best as far as color and traditional design, but I don't think it's a pretty rug. I kind of like the idea of finding her a transitional rug. She doesn't seem to be into traditional style. I think she'd like the room better if it was transitional. I also think a persian would be awesome if it was absolutely beautiful. We just haven't found the right one that has lots of green in it.

Quote:
Thanks for looking at all those! You don't think too much brown?
This one isn't my first choice. It's my second choice. I think you should still keep looking a little bit longer.

Old 01-28-2011, 12:26 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,135,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
That rug would look good with the colors in my exposed brick in my livingroom.

Pier One also has some great rugs at decent prices:

Pier 1 Imports -
Did you post pics of your living room yet Hopes? I love my rug from Target. My only complaint it is wool and tends to shed. Not so much now but when I first got it. It does load up the vacuum pretty quickly and I have read wool shouldn't be vacuumed, swept is the general advice but it has really held up. I have had it over a year. I get tons of compliments on it.

Old 01-28-2011, 12:27 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,980,794 times
Quote:
Thanks for looking at all those! You don't think too much brown?
Go back and look at what I have posted, and what Hopes has posted.
A more transitional rug will make your room feel a little cleaner and updated, not quite so old-fashioned, you know?

Old 01-28-2011, 12:28 PM

72 posts, read 141,130 times
THank you! I agree about the blue! Why not an indoor/outdoor rug?

Quote:
Most of your choices are too light and airy for the furniture.

Don't buy any of the rugs that have a significant amount of blue. Stick with the green as your main color.

Of the ones you chose, the following is the best choice. It will help you make your room transitional instead of traditional:

Indoor/ Outdoor Sage Rug (7'6 x 9'6) | Overstock.com

But don't buy that one. It's an indoor/outdoor rug. Use it as an example of what would work well for your room.

Thank you!! i love blue so tried to make it work, but green is also what I think I need to go with

This one is okay because it has deep colors, but it's not very pretty:

These are too neutral and bland:

Alexa Austin Oriental Persian Beige Rug (7'10 x 11'2) | Overstock.com

Lyndhurst Heritage Cream Rug (7'9 x 10'9) | Overstock.com

I don't like any of the blue rugs for your room as it is now. They're not right for the wall color, blinds or sofas.

Old 01-28-2011, 12:30 PM

Quote:
I agree it's the best as far as color and traditional design, but I don't think it's a pretty rug. I kind of like the idea of finding her a transitional rug. She doesn't seem to be into traditional style. I think she'd like the room better if it was transitional. I also think a persian would be awesome if it was absolutely beautiful. We just haven't found the right one that has lots of green in it.

This one isn't my first choice. It's my second choice. I think you should still keep looking a little bit longer.
For transitional, a monochromatic green one like this would be great, and then pick up accent colors with accessories.

Moorland Rug - Synthetic Rugs - Hand-tufted Rugs - Rugs | HomeDecorators.com

Old 01-28-2011, 12:31 PM

Quote:
THank you! I agree about the blue! Why not an indoor/outdoor rug?
Because they have no nap, you want something that feels luxurious underfoot.
I have an indoor/outdoor in my dining room, but thats because my family are pigs.

Old 01-28-2011, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Now that I know whats up with colors, here are some suggestions. (Pulled these all from one site, similar styles are everywhere!)

Constantine Area Rug - Traditional Rugs - Wool Rugs - Rugs | HomeDecorators.com

Warwick Rug - Traditional Rugs - Wool Rugs - Rugs | HomeDecorators.com

Philyra Area Rug - Hand-tufted Rugs - Wool Rugs - Rugs | HomeDecorators.com

Moorland Rug - Synthetic Rugs - Hand-tufted Rugs - Rugs | HomeDecorators.com

I think I would throw a bit of cinnabar into the room as accents to warm it up.
The browns, greens and cinnabar is a classic color combo, it never becomes dated.
All of these would work. This is my order of preference:

Love the richness of color in this one:

Philyra Area Rug - Hand-tufted Rugs - Wool Rugs - Rugs | HomeDecorators.com

This one is a bit light but it's an attractive rug:

Warwick Rug - Traditional Rugs - Wool Rugs - Rugs | HomeDecorators.com

Love this one but I'm afraid it might be too dark---not much noticable pattern but it's still nice.

Constantine Area Rug - Traditional Rugs - Wool Rugs - Rugs | HomeDecorators.com

Old 01-28-2011, 12:34 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,118,028 times
Quote:
I decided for now to leave couches as is. But I need a rug and am not sure the size (under coffee table, front legs of couch, or coming out other side of couches) and what color and material to go for. Thank you! You can see the granite up close at Pictures by keepthelegend - Photobucket
I'd still carpet the whole sheebang.

20yrsinBranson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating