Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 11:45 AM

23,410 posts, read 36,826,401 times

Advertisements

A Coastal Dining Room Decorated in White < Beach House Dining Rooms - Coastal Living

http://www.housebeautiful.com/cm/hou...ec0707_xlg.jpg

http://img4.myhomeideas.com/i/2009/1...dining-r-x.jpg

http://www.thelennoxx.com/wp-content...10/07/khd2.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_X2QaLBTQpN...ining+Room.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2011, 12:53 PM

1,654 posts, read 7,327,710 times
I like all of the photos kshe linked to, with the exception of number 4. Those chairs are very unattractive.

I will say that all of the photos show that coastal can be interpreted in different ways. Let me see what I can put together though.

Old 02-20-2011, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennquaker09 View Post
I like all of the photos kshe linked to, with the exception of number 4. Those chairs are very unattractive.

I will say that all of the photos show that coastal can be interpreted in different ways. Let me see what I can put together though.
Thats what I was trying to show..........

Old 02-20-2011, 01:50 PM

2,201 posts, read 5,328,607 times
Thanks for the pics. Okay here goes, maybe you all can help me figure out my "style".

1. Too casual
2. Like it alot- looks like a room that can dressed up or down
3. Like the chairs- they look alot like those that I saw at *gasp* pier one. They just reminded me of driftwood. LOVED the texture.
4. Agree with Pennquaker. Chairs UGH
5. Really like that- very Cape Cod so of course I am looking to do different.

To add to the confusion, I really love this chandelier. I think it's nautical without being cliche.

Crystorama 9226-OS Solaris 6-Light Chandelier in Olde Silver Chandeliers

Old 02-20-2011, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachcomber4 View Post
Thanks for the pics. Okay here goes, maybe you all can help me figure out my "style".

1. Too casual
2. Like it alot- looks like a room that can dressed up or down
3. Like the chairs- they look alot like those that I saw at *gasp* pier one. They just reminded me of driftwood. LOVED the texture.
4. Agree with Pennquaker. Chairs UGH
5. Really like that- very Cape Cod so of course I am looking to do different.

To add to the confusion, I really love this chandelier. I think it's nautical without being cliche.

Crystorama 9226-OS Solaris 6-Light Chandelier in Olde Silver Chandeliers
#2 is actually a Neoclassic look, it will never go out of style, and can be updated to keep it current.
It is my favorite also.
From your comments, I'm seeing that you like timeless classics, and dont really care much for trendiness.
The chandelier is a bit on the small side, it will be dwarfed on its on, but to do 2 or 3 would be fabulous.

Old 02-22-2011, 01:24 PM

2,201 posts, read 5,328,607 times
DH and I stopped in at Crate and Barrel today and he said " buy it". He loves the table as much as I did. We also purchased 2 white cotton slipcovered chairs for the ends and will figure out other chairs after we get it into the house new don't want to block the gorgeous pedestal. The host and hostess chairs give the table the look we want casual seaside elegance. Not sure when the whole room will be done but excited to have my jumping off point.

Old 02-22-2011, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachcomber4 View Post
DH and I stopped in at Crate and Barrel today and he said " buy it". He loves the table as much as I did. We also purchased 2 white cotton slipcovered chairs for the ends and will figure out other chairs after we get it into the house new don't want to block the gorgeous pedestal. The host and hostess chairs give the table the look we want casual seaside elegance. Not sure when the whole room will be done but excited to have my jumping off point.
Sooooooo excited for you!!!!!
Distressed painted chairs would look fabulous with the table and the slipcovered chairs.
Looking forward to pix!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating