Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 03:21 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunit00 View Post
Thanks for the response. I am 23 yr old male, into soccer and hiking. I try to dress in well fitted clothing. What other info may be informative?
Favorite colors, favorite designers, what style of furniture do you like/despise.....part of the skill of a designer is getting inside a clients head to interpret what the client likes, thats what its about, not what the designer likes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2011, 03:44 PM

59 posts, read 274,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Favorite colors, favorite designers, what style of furniture do you like/despise.....part of the skill of a designer is getting inside a clients head to interpret what the client likes, thats what its about, not what the designer likes.
My fav colors are light yellow, black, bright blue ( i know, terrible). I could not tell you my favorite designer. I would be willing to choose from a catalog if you have know of a website. I like furniture that looks sharp, modern, and efficient. I hate Bulky, and "traditional" style furniture.

Old 03-22-2011, 04:11 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,999,730 times
I personally would not do any accent walls in a small space. Based on your likes and taste---I would suggest:

(All from Sherwin Williams)

SW6163 Grassland, a nice gray-green that would look nice with any neutral colors, darker greens, or blue-greens.

SW6171 Chatroom, a taupey-gray that you could mix with virtually any color..like bright blue

Old 03-22-2011, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastal chic View Post
I personally would not do any accent walls in a small space. Based on your likes and taste---I would suggest:

(All from Sherwin Williams)

SW6163 Grassland, a nice gray-green that would look nice with any neutral colors, darker greens, or blue-greens.

SW6171 Chatroom, a taupey-gray that you could mix with virtually any color..like bright blue
Totally agree with you on all counts, now that we have some info from the OP.

Old 03-22-2011, 04:36 PM

OP, is the bed in the pix yours?
If so, its fine.......I would paint the beige dresser a low-gloss black, use one of the paint colors Coastalchic suggested for the walls, (dont forget to paint that ceiling!!!!)
I would use a duvet on the bed like this;
Skyline 24-Piece Bedding Superset - Bed Bath & Beyond
Save the bright blue for accessories, a little goes a long way with a color like that.....perhaps an abstract piece of art with some bright blue in it?
Or a lamp......

Old 03-23-2011, 08:53 AM

59 posts, read 274,088 times
Thanks for all of the advice. Yes the bed is mine.

Do you guys have any paint recommendation for window and door frames? Also, do you have any suggestions for the what order to use when paint painting a room ( i.e. what to paint first, second, etc..)? I am a newbie trying to do the best paint job I can.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunit00 View Post
Thanks for all of the advice. Yes the bed is mine.

Do you guys have any paint recommendation for window and door frames? Also, do you have any suggestions for the what order to use when paint painting a room ( i.e. what to paint first, second, etc..)? I am a newbie trying to do the best paint job I can.
What is the trim painted in the rest of the house?
You'll want some continuity with the trim in regards to the rest of the house.
As far as order, walls first, then trim.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:41 AM

1,268 posts, read 2,999,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
You'll want some continuity with the trim in regards to the rest of the house.
As far as order, walls first, then trim.
Agree with keeping the trim consistent. But I always do trim first, then walls! To each their own!

Old 03-23-2011, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastal chic View Post
Agree with keeping the trim consistent. But I always do trim first, then walls! To each their own!
Isnt that funny?
I always do the walls first, to avoid any bobbles onto the trim that would have to be painted over twice.

Old 03-23-2011, 10:18 AM

18,469 posts, read 31,635,068 times
keep the trim painted the same color as the walls, everything does not need to be framed out. Some rooms the trin should be just blended in, and since the trim in this picture is really not decrotive, it should just go away....

get rid of the room darkener vinyl shades, maybe wooden blinds, looks manly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating