U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-18-2011, 11:23 AM

2,037 posts, read 2,707,933 times
I consider my style to be feminine, cozy, clean, and transitional. I do like color and I gravitate toward florals (although I use them sparingly), but mostly I use solid colors, texture, and furniture with clean, sleek, somewhat masculine lines and dark colors. Given a choice, I'd go for a big piece rather than lots of little pieces -- but everything in scale. I don't like a lot of stuff lying around -- OMG! put it away! -- and my style is probably more simple and uncluttered than layered. (I admire rooms that are accessorized well and look layered and complete, but I can't pull it off, so I don't try, and honestly, I think I would start to feel like the room is closing in on me if there was too much stuff constantly lying around.)
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2011, 11:24 AM

3,106 posts, read 2,446,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
my color choices begin with the art in the room.
sounds lovely. if i could afford it i'd probably do the same

Old 05-18-2011, 11:30 AM

Thumbs up good post Niftybergin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niftybergin View Post
(I admire rooms that are accessorized well and look layered and complete, but I can't pull it off, so I don't try, and honestly, I think I would start to feel like the room is closing in on me if there was too much stuff constantly lying around.)
this layered style in my opinion has to come naturally from within or else the dweller risks having the room look "contrived".

Quote:
I'd go for a big piece rather than lots of little pieces -- but everything in scale.
me too. we're probably on the same page. you also said the magic word - scale. good design usually pays attention to scale. great design always considers scale as a top priority - always.

alot of people are underinformed about the wow factor big pieces can lend to a small space so they end up being timid.

Quote:
I gravitate toward florals (although I use them sparingly
me too. my philosophy on florals is '1 or 2 smart and/or bold statements otherwise don't bother' lol.. i'm not a fan of 'timid' anything.

Old 05-18-2011, 12:39 PM

20,653 posts, read 11,091,093 times
Mickey Mouse in an English Country Manor.

Old 05-18-2011, 01:08 PM

4,384 posts, read 7,791,452 times
Chicago loft- clean lines, a lot of wood, and a mix of contemporary, mid-century modern and arts & crafts.

Old 05-18-2011, 01:52 PM

11,900 posts, read 10,435,403 times
a little off topic, but I really liked Ralph & Alices' apartment, what is that style called, "Early Nothing"

lol

Old 05-18-2011, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
a little off topic, but I really liked Ralph & Alices' apartment, what is that style called, "Early Nothing"

lol
knickerbocker avenue(?)

Old 05-18-2011, 06:41 PM

11,900 posts, read 10,435,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace8 View Post
knickerbocker avenue(?)
Chauncey Street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating