Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What color kitchen appliances do you prefer?
White 32 26.45%
Black 29 23.97%
Bisque/Almond 10 8.26%
Stainless look 6 4.96%
Stainless steel 34 28.10%
Oil rubbed bronze 0 0%
Other (specify) 10 8.26%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 07:35 AM

44 posts, read 74,582 times

Advertisements

I prefer Stainless or Black but my favorite is a combo of both, like this:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2011, 08:02 AM

8,035 posts, read 10,626,487 times
I like the look of a stainless stove and micro-hood. But stainless throughout looks too cold and "morgue-ish" to me. I also think many of the "granite" looks are dark and depressing.

I predict a demise of the stainless/granite look eventually. It's so ""2000's".

I would welcome some updated version of the brown or bisque appliances. I think you will see more color choices down the road.

Old 08-27-2011, 10:31 AM

1,160 posts, read 4,243,775 times
I chose black, and I like the stoves with the smooth tops, but I understand they are hard to keep clean, so hoping someone can provide tips on that? I remember reading SOMEwhere what works, but like a fool I didn't write it down.

I don't know about cleaning stainless appliances, but all my stainless sinks I have used 20-mule-train Borax detergent, just a little shaken on a dampened sponge with a rough side or shaken into the sink, and it cleans it so easily and makes it just shine. So, perhaps it would work on stainless appliances.

I wonder, I love dark cabinets, and black appliances, and while some granite looks pretty nice, I'm afraid one day on This Old House, they'll be tearing them all out, remarking how this was the early 21st century craze. Anyhow, I'm wanting to replace my countertops, they're laminate now and chipping and staining, wrong color, and so I want a hot-pan-proof counter, seems like concrete works, but would like an inexpensive counter with some shine, maybe lighter colored to offset dark cabs and appliances. Anybody know of some choices? I DO like a faint marble look.

Lastly, I wanted to say that the picture posted on this page is pretty, but I wanted to make a suggestion/question. I like the wall behind my stove to have something up there, altho the plain in the pic was fine, just thinking. I'm wanting to paint from edge to edge of the fan thing, be it the regular or the microwave kind, using a diff color than my white walls, and then put a row of Mexican-style tiles as accents. Referring to the posted picture, what color paint do you all think would look best? I had once wanted to wallpaper the whole side in a generic print, and then I thought of a sheet of stainless just over the stove, but decided either painting or tiling with some sort of large tile and smaller notes of decorative tile would be more fun, I collect pretty tile. Just not sure what color, either painting or big tiles, would look good with the picture posted? When my bisque stove gives up the ghost, I'm going to black, so it will look similar to that pic.

Sorry, don't mean to hijack this thread at all. Just thought of these things whilst reading the posts. GG

Old 08-27-2011, 11:28 AM

44 posts, read 74,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigimac View Post
Lastly, I wanted to say that the picture posted on this page is pretty, but I wanted to make a suggestion/question. I like the wall behind my stove to have something up there, altho the plain in the pic was fine, just thinking. I'm wanting to paint from edge to edge of the fan thing, be it the regular or the microwave kind, using a diff color than my white walls, and then put a row of Mexican-style tiles as accents. Referring to the posted picture, what color paint do you all think would look best? I had once wanted to wallpaper the whole side in a generic print, and then I thought of a sheet of stainless just over the stove, but decided either painting or tiling with some sort of large tile and smaller notes of decorative tile would be more fun, I collect pretty tile. Just not sure what color, either painting or big tiles, would look good with the picture posted? When my bisque stove gives up the ghost, I'm going to black, so it will look similar to that pic.
Hey GG, I posted that pic but that is not my kitchen. It was posted simply to show the black/stainless combo appliances.

As for the backsplash, I agree with you, it needs something. Maybe some tumbled tile would look nice.

Old 08-27-2011, 01:31 PM

7,326 posts, read 12,325,478 times
I can't believe here that more people prefer white over black. Our homebuilder (Fulton Homes) doesn't even offer white; black is standard with available upgrades to stainless steel (which is what we chose for our new house).

Old 08-27-2011, 01:35 PM

30,246 posts, read 23,719,256 times
I chose black because I do have some stainless steel looking appliances and they are hard to keep clean.

Black just looks really good with almost any other color and any type of cabinet.

Old 08-27-2011, 07:50 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,110,691 times
I don't prefer any "color". I buy appliances based on performance.

Old 08-27-2011, 08:15 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
How come pink and avocado green is not a choice? Those are the colors I grew up with...and loved..Okay, then...stainless steel...My Grandma had an all pink kitchen, pink stove, pink fridge...looked like a Breast Cancer Awareness kitchen, before there were even pink bows..

Last edited by jasper12; 08-27-2011 at 08:16 PM.. Reason: edit

Old 08-27-2011, 08:37 PM

7,326 posts, read 12,325,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
How come pink and avocado green is not a choice? Those are the colors I grew up with...and loved..Okay, then...stainless steel...My Grandma had an all pink kitchen, pink stove, pink fridge...looked like a Breast Cancer Awareness kitchen, before there were even pink bows..
Maybe Pink will come back as the next trend, who knows. No trend lasts forever.

Old 08-27-2011, 10:41 PM

16,903 posts, read 16,116,328 times
I am always very attracted to the red appliances, though I own none.....

red appliances for kitchen - Bing Images
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating