U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-26-2011, 01:18 AM

5,229 posts, read 7,767,658 times
Default The white christmas tree hunt

I love white christmas trees and after losing mine a few years ago to a flood I haven't found the right one yet. It seems retailers are fickle about selling white trees. Wal-Mart sells one every year but IMO they are awful looking. I scoured the internet and read that several companies such as Frontgate and Balsam Hill sell quality trees. Well Balsam Hill has a horrible rep according to two websites dedicated to hating the company (from previous customers) that I opted not to seriously consider them. Also, the idea of paying 600-2000 for a fake tree just isn't going to happen. I looked at Lowe's and they sell one white tree. It was just okay and didnt inspire me to spend the 168 dollars. Sears didnt have any except on line. Target sells white trees but only on their website as well and its pretty darn hard to judge a fake tree from online pictures.

Soo....anyone out there have a white christmas tree that is full (meaning you can't see the pole) that didnt cost more than a major appliance? If so, where did you purchase it?
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2011, 05:04 AM

20,798 posts, read 31,338,303 times
You will have to double check this but I think you can return Target online purchases to a store so why not buy 2 or 3 trees online, see if you like them, return if you don't? You could look to see if other online retailers offer a similar deal (Walmart, etc.).

Old 11-26-2011, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal View Post
You will have to double check this but I think you can return Target online purchases to a store so why not buy 2 or 3 trees online, see if you like them, return if you don't? You could look to see if other online retailers offer a similar deal (Walmart, etc.).
I totally forgot Target allows returns at the store. That would make life easier for sure.

Old 11-26-2011, 10:00 AM

2,676 posts, read 5,951,635 times
Lowe's has one that is pretty nice. I had one from there for several years.

Old 11-26-2011, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKat View Post
Lowe's has one that is pretty nice. I had one from there for several years.
I might look at it again but it didnt impress me all that much. I hate when the put trees up on a shelf like they did at my local Lowe's. Its hard to get a good look at it. The display had strains of lights that weren't working so that didnt matters either. The reviews are mixed. One good and one bad.

Old 11-26-2011, 12:56 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,753,267 times
Santa's Quarters has an excellent rating with BBB and the white tree on the site looks like it is pretty full and lush. I don't know what you are looking to spend but here is the website.
Snow White Artificial Christmas Trees | Santa's Quarters™. A friend wanted a palm tree for her backyard pool and I got it from them a few years ago. No problems with the purchase.

Old 11-26-2011, 02:23 PM

5,239 posts, read 11,313,735 times
Ebay has a 12 foot beautiful one - expensive though.

Old 11-27-2011, 12:41 AM

Thanks all for the replies. Sorry about my last post, looks like I typed it while drunk. LOL. I swear I wasn't!

Anyway...I did go back to Lowe's and my husband said to go ahead and buy it (he was tired of looking). He said if I hated it, HE would return it. The tree is stunning! It fit my budget as well. The poor display at Lowe's didn't do it justice. I put it together in front room window and went out to the sidewalk to admire it. My neighbors were finishing up some outdoor Christmas lights and saw my tree. Lots of ooohhhs and ahhhs. lol.

Me happy.

Thanks again for the suggestions.

Old 11-27-2011, 07:43 PM

7,102 posts, read 3,123,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingwater View Post
Thanks all for the replies. Sorry about my last post, looks like I typed it while drunk. LOL. I swear I wasn't!

Anyway...I did go back to Lowe's and my husband said to go ahead and buy it (he was tired of looking). He said if I hated it, HE would return it. The tree is stunning! It fit my budget as well. The poor display at Lowe's didn't do it justice. I put it together in front room window and went out to the sidewalk to admire it. My neighbors were finishing up some outdoor Christmas lights and saw my tree. Lots of ooohhhs and ahhhs. lol.

Me happy.

Thanks again for the suggestions.
We want to see a picture.

I have found that at Lowe's and Home Depot that they don't usually spread all the branches out.

Old 11-27-2011, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donna-501 View Post
we want to see a picture.

I have found that at lowe's and home depot that they don't usually spread all the branches out.
Okay here it is. Its not the best picture. I had to use my cell phone camera which doesn't take great night shots. As you can see, my cats are digging it. They like sleeping under it.
Attachment 87780

Last edited by fallingwater; 03-18-2013 at 01:10 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating