U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 01:48 AM

5,262 posts, read 8,247,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodesignsense View Post
This was one we were looking at but like I said, I didn't know if it would look too busy with our rug. Opinions? I like the Woodmont leather chair you posted too!

Remo Living Room Chair, Accent Chair - furniture - Macy's
How funny. I have that exact chair! Funny how they still sell it, I bought mine back in 2007. I think getting another leather is the way to go and since I have this chair, I know it not go with your rug.

I think either pull the burgundy out of the rug or the brown color. I have a burgundy leather recliner. I have a fabric sofa and found difficulty finding a recliner to match or at least make it looked like it belonged. So I opted for leather. So I feel your pain. I personally don't like recliners since many of them are very puffy. I finally found one I approved of and we got it. I am not happy with it at all. It was expensive and purchased from Lazy-boy. I don't know much about leather but the color is wearing off mine. Since you have leather you probably know what to look for but I didnt since it was the only piece of leather I ever bought. So I would stay away from Lazy-boy. Not impressed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2011, 01:59 AM

23,443 posts, read 17,985,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingwater View Post
How funny. I have that exact chair! Funny how they still sell it, I bought mine back in 2007. I think getting another leather is the way to go and since I have this chair, I know it not go with your rug.

I think either pull the burgundy out of the rug or the brown color. I have a burgundy leather recliner. I have a fabric sofa and found difficulty finding a recliner to match or at least make it looked like it belonged. So I opted for leather. So I feel your pain. I personally don't like recliners since many of them are very puffy. I finally found one I approved of and we got it. I am not happy with it at all. It was expensive and purchased from Lazy-boy. I don't know much about leather but the color is wearing off mine. Since you have leather you probably know what to look for but I didnt since it was the only piece of leather I ever bought. So I would stay away from Lazy-boy. Not impressed.
Girl, I am so sorry about your leather, but your pain lets me expound on the qualities of leather.
Do NOT buy leather unless it is aniline dyed.
Can I repeat that?????
Aniline dyed is a process in which the dye is spun into the leather through a centrifugal process, anything else is merely surface sprayed, and will wear off.
One of the many differences in why one pays more for good leather.....and....if I sneak this in here....
why one pays attention to a (sic) experienced designer.
I just hate it when some folks wanna spurn me for my knowledge.

Old 12-04-2011, 02:07 AM

5,262 posts, read 8,247,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Girl, I am so sorry about your leather, but your pain lets me expound on the qualities of leather.
Do NOT buy leather unless it is aniline dyed.
Can I repeat that?????
Aniline dyed is a process in which the dye is spun into the leather through a centrifugal process, anything else is merely surface sprayed, and will wear off.
One of the many differences in why one pays more for good leather.....and....if I sneak this in here....
why one pays attention to a (sic) experienced designer.
I just hate it when some folks wanna spurn me for my knowledge.
Cool thanks! Had no idea. I will remember for next time, much appreciated. Personally I don't like leather furniture. I think it looks nice but I hate the feel. My husband wanted his darn recliner. So I picked out one I liked...or should I say tolerate. We bought the chair last winter so we have had it almost a year now. It looks terrible! The color has worn off at the arm rests basically where you grab the chair to get out. We paid a 1,000 dollars for it. I know its going to end up in the basement family room at some point.

Old 12-04-2011, 11:11 AM

23 posts, read 55,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Less is more, and yes, the attached will work with what you have quite well!
I can't tell you how much I appreciate all the help you've given me. I have been wanting a chair or recliner for so long and didn't know what would go. I was getting so much conflicting information regarding fabric/leather and what color etc that I just gave up. Now I am going to buy this one (the earlier attached pic) TODAY! It is on sale and they're doing some special promotion after 6pm for additional discount. It is Natuzzi leather, so I think it's a really good deal. And as you stated, it really is worth knowing the leather you are buying. I feel for the other poster with her leather wearing off. For that price, that is just horrible.

Anyway, thank you again!

Old 12-04-2011, 08:32 PM

23,443 posts, read 17,985,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodesignsense View Post
I can't tell you how much I appreciate all the help you've given me. I have been wanting a chair or recliner for so long and didn't know what would go. I was getting so much conflicting information regarding fabric/leather and what color etc that I just gave up. Now I am going to buy this one (the earlier attached pic) TODAY! It is on sale and they're doing some special promotion after 6pm for additional discount. It is Natuzzi leather, so I think it's a really good deal. And as you stated, it really is worth knowing the leather you are buying. I feel for the other poster with her leather wearing off. For that price, that is just horrible.

Anyway, thank you again!
So glad I could help you, and I hope that you will come back and ask for help anytime you feel you need it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating