Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2012, 11:06 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,674,499 times

Advertisements

Ok my daughter is almost to the point of going to her own room and im setting it up. I'm not sure if this is the right area to post in but its a nursery so maybe lol.

Ok does this match ( I am a horrible person at decorating)

Botanicals Nursery-in-a-Bag 10-Piece Set - Walmart.com

and

Walmart.com: RoomMates - Peel & Stick Wall Decals Mega-Pack, Scroll Tree: Bedding & Decor

with this crib

Walmart.com: Graco - Lauren 4-in-1 Convertible Fixed Side Crib and Mattress Value Bundle, Your Choice of Finish: Crib with Bonus Mattress

thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2012, 11:30 AM

18,325 posts, read 18,915,260 times
yes, go for it

Old 01-03-2012, 01:35 PM

1,160 posts, read 4,229,883 times
I personally think that since the beautiful crib has a rather serious style, and that your middle link for the decal is quiet enough and so does go with it, then therefore the first link to the busy bedding is just too much to add in.

What I'd do is I LOVE the crib you picked out, and I very much like the wall decal, but I'd just get some solid pastel-colored sheets, with a satin-like trim on any small quilt with minimal design, satin pillows, everything in perhaps two colors plus white, and a ruffle at the bottom just like in the picture for the crib. In fact, what's on that crib in the picture is what perhaps you could go for.

But if you are attracted to the amount of stuff you get with these packages, then I think the following link has the correct colors (including dark brown to match crib), and is less busy and the greens go with the wall sticker:
NoJo Little Bedding Jungle Pals 4 Piece Baby Nursery Crib Set - Walmart.com

But really, the main thing is if you like something, get it. On the other hand, I do want to defend the crib's style, it really is begging for something a tad calmer and a tad more sophisticated than the bedding you first chose, which I think the link I gave you at the same website brings you closer to it. Or, as I proposed you can put something together yourself that is less busy, mostly solid pale colors, with MAYBE a fancy little quilt with kid designs on it that includes a dark brown to tie it to the crib. GG

Old 01-03-2012, 02:33 PM

10 posts, read 16,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigimac View Post
I personally think that since the beautiful crib has a rather serious style, and that your middle link for the decal is quiet enough and so does go with it, then therefore the first link to the busy bedding is just too much to add in.

What I'd do is I LOVE the crib you picked out, and I very much like the wall decal, but I'd just get some solid pastel-colored sheets, with a satin-like trim on any small quilt with minimal design, satin pillows, everything in perhaps two colors plus white, and a ruffle at the bottom just like in the picture for the crib. In fact, what's on that crib in the picture is what perhaps you could go for.

But if you are attracted to the amount of stuff you get with these packages, then I think the following link has the correct colors (including dark brown to match crib), and is less busy and the greens go with the wall sticker:

But really, the main thing is if you like something, get it. On the other hand, I do want to defend the crib's style, it really is begging for something a tad calmer and a tad more sophisticated than the bedding you first chose, which I think the link I gave you at the same website brings you closer to it. Or, as I proposed you can put something together yourself that is less busy, mostly solid pale colors, with MAYBE a fancy little quilt with kid designs on it that includes a dark brown to tie it to the crib. GG

I agree.

Old 01-03-2012, 02:39 PM

18,325 posts, read 18,915,260 times
too busy? it's a kids room, by the time you add the toys, the clothes and all else that goes in the room it really won't make a bit of difference if the bed set has several colors vs one with only a few. the mom should pick what she likes.

Old 01-03-2012, 02:56 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,674,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigimac View Post

Thanks for your suggestions!

The reason I chose the bed set with so many colors is that bright colors stimulate a baby and encourage them to crawl, sit up ect.

I love the crib as well but REALLY love the bed set. Do you think maybe a white crib would be better?

Old 01-03-2012, 03:12 PM

928 posts, read 3,431,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioChic View Post
Thanks for your suggestions!

The reason I chose the bed set with so many colors is that bright colors stimulate a baby and encourage them to crawl, sit up ect.

I love the crib as well but REALLY love the bed set. Do you think maybe a white crib would be better?
I think it will look great either with white or with black. Personally, I'd just pick the one I liked the most. What is the color of other pieces of furniture in the room? Keeping the furniture in the same color family is helpful.

The busy-ness of the patterns won't bother your baby; check in with yourself on how you will feel about looking at that room at 2am when you are getting just 4 hours of sleep a day. Maybe have one wall that is in a calming/non-active color that you can face when you are rocking your little one and trying to generate sleepiness.

I think it will look good either way and your child will be okay with it--unless you are giving birth to a little Candice Olson or Tim Gunn.

Make it work!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating