U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 06:32 AM

17 posts, read 53,928 times

Advertisements

Good morning, Do you think that these frames look good along that wall? I know theyre not perfectly aligned but I just want to get some feedback on this... I took the advice of some citi data members and purchased those awesome Ikea storage tables for my foyer, I plan to place 3 white frames above it with family portraits. Let me know what you think of the look so far!
Attached Thumbnails
What do you think of these 3 frames-decor-phot.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2012, 07:41 AM

5,691 posts, read 14,912,036 times
So glad you went with those shoe compartment pieces. It looks nice. The artwork shown, is that where you are going to leave it or are you putting those above the shoe compartments in the hall?

Old 01-27-2012, 08:35 AM

17 posts, read 53,928 times
Thank you! I wanted to place them above the shoe compartment but my thermostat is inconveniently placed where the last frame would go. I was planning on leaving them where they are in the picture. What do you think ?

Old 01-27-2012, 08:40 AM

867 posts, read 2,593,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVanity View Post
Thank you! I wanted to place them above the shoe compartment but my thermostat is inconveniently placed where the last frame would go. I was planning on leaving them where they are in the picture. What do you think ?
I like the images, they are very pretty. I think they may be a bit too large in scale for that wall. I would stick with 3 canvases, but would scale them down by 75% and lower the top one to about 4-6 inches under the top of the door molding.

Old 01-27-2012, 09:08 AM

13,383 posts, read 13,392,238 times
can you just go ahead and put the last frame over the thermostat and just lift it off when you need to adjust it? I too think where they are now they are a tad too big. that wall is so narrow after you dress the wall with your family photos it won't even need anything on it. if you want something on it, besides the 3 pics you could go with a single long rectangle of a painting or even a metal sculpture.

Old 01-27-2012, 09:10 AM

20,793 posts, read 50,990,302 times
I don't like them there. That wall is too small for anything really. Keep in mind that you don't decorate walls, you accent furniture and it will always look awkward if you put something like that on a wall just to have something on a wall.

Old 01-27-2012, 09:10 AM

5,691 posts, read 14,912,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVanity View Post
I think they are too big for that spot. You could mix them with the white picture frames that you originally intended over the cabinets. Arrange them so you can incorporate the thermostat. Our just use two. I think mixing artwork and photographs looks lovely.

Old 01-27-2012, 09:12 AM

15,312 posts, read 17,300,417 times
I love your shoe compartment shelves. I too think the pictures might look better side by side, rather than on the wall where you have them now. I might put them over a couch, or facing the entrance if you have a wall that lends itself to that. Beautiful, clean room. Good job.

Old 01-27-2012, 09:32 AM

867 posts, read 2,593,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
can you just go ahead and put the last frame over the thermostat and just lift it off when you need to adjust it? I too think where they are now they are a tad too big. that wall is so narrow after you dress the wall with your family photos it won't even need anything on it. if you want something on it, besides the 3 pics you could go with a single long rectangle of a painting or even a metal sculpture.
That would have a negative impact on the interior climate. The temps would read warmer under the canvas and the furnace would not switch on when it should.

Old 01-27-2012, 09:40 AM

7,014 posts, read 8,896,359 times
Any way you could put them on a diagonal and skirt the thermostat? i.e say left one is the highest then a bit lower in the middle and then the right one the lowest? Or vice versa?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or