Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 03:57 PM

928 posts, read 3,429,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
We're back from another store today.
If the leather sofa had been any shade of brown, I would have snatched it up. Leather is the best for dog hair.
It doesn't come in brown leather? Or do you have a time constraint that is forcing you to purchase a floor model?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2012, 03:58 PM

1,250 posts, read 4,765,298 times
Hopes, I know how you feel.

I've been furniture shopping for almost 2 years now..haha.

Old 02-15-2012, 04:01 PM

23,410 posts, read 36,818,072 times
Here are a couple of examples;
Furniture isnt black, in this one, but you'll see what I mean.

Dont like the cocktail table in this one, but theres nothing wrong with the rest of the room;

You get the idea, I'm sure.

Old 02-15-2012, 04:32 PM

1,306 posts, read 3,104,574 times
Quote:
I like the idea of slip covers for the dogs. I wonder if I can buy replacement slip covers in the future.
Sure-Fit makes these covers that are essentially quilted blankets you can toss over your couch to protect them from your pets.

I bought a light brown (stone) colored sofa in microfiber. I know I should have gone with a darker fabric, but it fit my budget best at the time (discontinued floor model at a steep discount) and still fit my aesthetic. My dog's black hair is easy enough to brush right off, but I still keep what is essentially a coverlet draped over my couch when company isn't over. It's comfy and a little eclectic looking and much easier to toss in the wash.

Old 02-15-2012, 05:28 PM

6,766 posts, read 11,394,388 times
Quote:

I'm looking for a loft sectional. One that is equal in length on both sides. Just a 5 seater with a corner and two seats going out each side. Nothing big and bulky. Nothing overstuffed. Nothing reclining. (Hubby tried teasing me with those "man sectionals" that had cup holders. OMG, talk about tacky! There are many tacky sectionals out there!) I just want an elegant sofa design but in a sectional.
You buy this Broyhill in separate pieces, and configure them as you wish. Each piece connects with the others so it keeps everything in line. Zillions of fabrics.

http://www.furniturebrands.com/conte...ct_Configs.pdf

Old 02-15-2012, 06:10 PM

43,011 posts, read 107,590,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Lord have mercy, yes!
If the walls are neutral, the world is basically your oyster in terms of what you can use.
That's why I chose the neutral color for the walls. After years of redecorating, I finally realized that neutrals as a base will allow me to easily change a look when I get bored with it.

Quote:
Is the brick red brick?
It's more of an orange red with some bricks that are more red and a few purple bricks here and there. This is the closest I can find to the colors in the brick:

http://static2.bigstockphoto.com/thu...e2/1613840.jpg

It's in better shape than that and prettier. But this is the picture that has the closest colors to my wall.

Quote:
If so, I would stay away from too much of that color family close to the brick, but you sure can use it in other areas of the room!
That's a great idea. The built in shelves are near the brick wall. I can have bright blues and greens on the shelves. I can pick up some of the orange in a painting on the other side of the room. Is that what you mean?

I really have to think about how I would place them. I measured and they don't work where I want them. They can't be centered in relation to other room features. It's a really awkward room. A sofa and two chairs might be the way to go instead of a sofa and loveseat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 540_804
Hopes, I know how you feel.

I've been furniture shopping for almost 2 years now..haha.
Me too! I'm finally ready to buy! Back when I wasn't ready, I always saw things that were perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWayISeeThings View Post
It doesn't come in brown leather? Or do you have a time constraint that is forcing you to purchase a floor model?
I had time when I first posted this thread. Since the dog threw up on our sofa last night, we're in a pinch to get something quickly. Hubby cleaned it before I woke up. But I can still smell it. This furniture HAS to go FAST! I febreezed it. That helped. I'm not having it cleaned since it's going out for the garbage was soon as we get something else. As a matter of fact, I may send it out to the curb for the next garbage day! We'll just do without but I don't want to do without for very long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post
You buy this Broyhill in separate pieces, and configure them as you wish. Each piece connects with the others so it keeps everything in line. Zillions of fabrics.

http://www.furniturebrands.com/conte...ct_Configs.pdf
That would be perfect for another room, but the sectional that most matches what I'm trying to find is 3 feet longer in both directions than I want for this particular room. I need a very small sectional. The ones I'm considering are 83 inches in both directions. The Broyhill sectional is 118". I can go an extra foot on both sides but not more than 93". Thanks for sharing. I'll keep it in mind when I'm doing another room!

Old 02-15-2012, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calel View Post
Sure-Fit makes these covers that are essentially quilted blankets you can toss over your couch to protect them from your pets.

I bought a light brown (stone) colored sofa in microfiber. I know I should have gone with a darker fabric, but it fit my budget best at the time (discontinued floor model at a steep discount) and still fit my aesthetic. My dog's black hair is easy enough to brush right off, but I still keep what is essentially a coverlet draped over my couch when company isn't over. It's comfy and a little eclectic looking and much easier to toss in the wash.
Gotta find a sofa first! That's good to know though. Thanks!

Old 02-15-2012, 06:14 PM

23,410 posts, read 36,818,072 times
Hopes, yes, you can do the blues and greens close to the fireplace, and keep the terra cottas further away.....did you see the pics I posted?

Old 02-15-2012, 06:16 PM

Wow! Look how the purple furniture pulls out the purple bricks in this brick wall.

My wall doesn't have that much purple though. Purple is an interesting idea though.

Old 02-15-2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Hopes, yes, you can do the blues and greens close to the fireplace, and keep the terra cottas further away.....did you see the pics I posted?
Yes! They inspired me to look for more pictures! Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating