Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 12:22 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,136,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstate Nancy View Post
Wow, never heard anyone say they didn't like hardwood floors. Some people would kill for them.
They were weird. We ran into our old neighbor a couple years later. The guy told us he missed us. He said the new people were difficult and he asked if we had been by the house lately. No we hadnt. So curiosity got the best of us and we drove by. We shouldnt have. They ripped out all the landscaping I did and replaced it with cheezy white stone and retainer wall blocks. They also took out the large picture window and replaced it with a large slider. I think their mission was to kill any character in the home. Ah well, its theirs now. I am no longer emotionally attached.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2012, 01:51 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingwater View Post
They were weird. We ran into our old neighbor a couple years later. The guy told us he missed us. He said the new people were difficult and he asked if we had been by the house lately. No we hadnt. So curiosity got the best of us and we drove by. We shouldnt have. They ripped out all the landscaping I did and replaced it with cheezy white stone and retainer wall blocks. They also took out the large picture window and replaced it with a large slider. I think their mission was to kill any character in the home. Ah well, its theirs now. I am no longer emotionally attached.
I had the same sad experience driving by my childhood home. It was an elegant house.

The new owners installed a tacky chain link fence in the back yard, built a cheap metal detached garage in the side yard (it has a two car attached garage), and widened the driveway to look like a parking lot.

Don't get me started on how they over-trim the bushes into geometric shapes. The landscaping was beautiful with the bushes having a natural setting look. It looks silly now. They just look all hacked up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating