Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 06:45 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,565,823 times

Advertisements

We have Kraftmaids and like them. Ours are very well made.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2012, 08:24 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,658,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzeo99 View Post
Maple Praline finish - Piermont square door style. Edited to add - my price, $9,123,97 does NOT include installation

When you say challenge me on that, do you mean you think I am lying? I will happily post the invoice if that is what you mean. Also, they did NOT charge MSRP - their discounts were not taken from MSRP - she showed me her program while she was doing it and we were laughing at the MSRP that was next to the price she charged before discounts.
No no I know you're not lying. I wanted to challenge their price. Sorry got home too late to compare, was teaching all night. I'll give it a shot tomorrow if for nothing else then for my own piece of mind.

Thanks Suzie

Old 03-01-2012, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzeo99 View Post
Maple Praline finish - Piermont square door style. Edited to add - my price, $9,123,97 does NOT include installation

When you say challenge me on that, do you mean you think I am lying? I will happily post the invoice if that is what you mean. Also, they did NOT charge MSRP - their discounts were not taken from MSRP - she showed me her program while she was doing it and we were laughing at the MSRP that was next to the price she charged before discounts.
I could not complete your comparison pricing because the sizes you gave are not correct. You listed all of your upper cabinets at 93" tall. I can assume you mean 39" tall.

Kraftmaid is the only brand that makes a 39 upper which is made that way so a large crown can be used on a 96" ceiling. A standard 42 upper will touch a 96 ceiling with no room left for crown unless you borrow/steal from the required 18 space between the counter top and below the uppers.

I'll take another look at this when I get a moment and just PM you unless others want to hear it. Good day to you !

Old 03-01-2012, 08:50 AM

12 posts, read 138,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
I could not complete your comparison pricing because the sizes you gave are not correct. You listed all of your upper cabinets at 93" tall. I can assume you mean 39" tall.

Kraftmaid is the only brand that makes a 39 upper which is made that way so a large crown can be used on a 96" ceiling. A standard 42 upper will touch a 96 ceiling with no room left for crown unless you borrow/steal from the required 18 space between the counter top and below the uppers.

I'll take another look at this when I get a moment and just PM you unless others want to hear it. Good day to you !
I would also like to see the numbers you came up with! Thanks!!!
Also any thoughts on the Omega Dynasty brand? I know they are more expensive but wanted to get your thoughts on them.
If I get quoted $9500 for kraftmaid in my 10 x 13 kitchen how much more for the Dynasty cabs?

Old 03-01-2012, 09:41 AM

248 posts, read 862,433 times
Quote:
Kraftmaid is the only brand that makes a 39 upper which is made that way so a large crown can be used on a 96" ceiling
Not true. There are many brands that make 39" uppers. Some do some don't.

Old 03-01-2012, 10:22 AM

10,048 posts, read 18,069,717 times
Desertsun, we all know and appreciate your expertise and experience in kitchen cabinets, but you constantly post that Home Depot charges full list price even though several of us have said FROM OUR OWN EXPERIENCE that is absolutely not true. (Once I wrote from my own experience and someone -- can't remember who -- responded something like "oh you must be a HD salesperson." Seriously? Anyone who got a good price from HD must work for them?)

Desertsun, I know you hate Home Depot. Everyone knows that. But Home Depot is a good source for some people, as they have and will beat a lot of local dealers.

I have posted elsewhere about my experiences when I completely remodeled my kitchen a couple of years ago. I got Kraftmaid cabinets for a 13x13 kitchen with a peninsula. Kraftmaid's list price is insane and NO ONE charges it in my area (southern New Hampshire); all discounts off list were at least 55%, I think up to 65-70%% (can't remember exactly as it was now almost 3 years ago). All sellers freely told me the percentage off list when I called, and only one was a percentage point or two lower than HD (most were 1-3 percentage points ABOVE HD prices). I took the list from the one local dealer that was a bit lower back to HD and they matched it. If I can find all my paperwork, I can list all items with prices, but I have started packing for my move to another house and have no idea where that paperwork is.

Desertsun, please, please, please stop telling people that HD charges full list price when many of us know from our own, real-life, personal experiences that they have huge discounts off list, just like all other companies.

To other posters, love the kitchen photos! I got maple in a more traditional style -- can't remember what it's called but it's 1/2 overlay instead of full overlay (which looks more modern -- I like traditional better as I like to see a bit of the cabinet frame). The finish is a vanilla glaze and I love it. I was originally afraid of getting light-colored cabinets (worried about resale to people with kids) but I am SO glad I went with it. I have a few cabinets in a dark green as a contrast (I think Kraftmaid called it moss? they were discontinuing cypress, which looked very similar to me) and they are gorgeous too. And I did get lazy susans, pull-out cabinets, etc., although some of those I bought off ebay or Craigslist as some of those prices were crazy.

Old 03-01-2012, 10:45 AM

15 posts, read 185,084 times
Yes - Meant 39 except for the pantry - which is 93. I don't need a PM for pricing - just giving information to others.

Susan

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post

Old 03-01-2012, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Desertsun, please, please, please stop telling people that HD charges full list price when many of us know from our own, real-life, personal experiences that they have huge discounts off list, just like all other companies.
Karen,

Thanks for the post. I have found what you are saying to be true as well and I'm a cabinet dealer just like he is.

You are right on the money.

Old 03-02-2012, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Desertsun, we all know and appreciate your expertise and experience in kitchen cabinets, but you constantly post that Home Depot charges full list price even though several of us have said FROM OUR OWN EXPERIENCE that is absolutely not true. (Once I wrote from my own experience and someone -- can't remember who -- responded something like "oh you must be a HD salesperson." Seriously? Anyone who got a good price from HD must work for them?)

Desertsun, I know you hate Home Depot. Everyone knows that. But Home Depot is a good source for some people, as they have and will beat a lot of local dealers.

I have posted elsewhere about my experiences when I completely remodeled my kitchen a couple of years ago. I got Kraftmaid cabinets for a 13x13 kitchen with a peninsula. Kraftmaid's list price is insane and NO ONE charges it in my area (southern New Hampshire); all discounts off list were at least 55%, I think up to 65-70%% (can't remember exactly as it was now almost 3 years ago). All sellers freely told me the percentage off list when I called, and only one was a percentage point or two lower than HD (most were 1-3 percentage points ABOVE HD prices). I took the list from the one local dealer that was a bit lower back to HD and they matched it. If I can find all my paperwork, I can list all items with prices, but I have started packing for my move to another house and have no idea where that paperwork is.

To other posters, love the kitchen photos! I got maple in a more traditional style -- can't remember what it's called but it's 1/2 overlay instead of full overlay (which looks more modern -- I like traditional better as I like to see a bit of the cabinet frame). The finish is a vanilla glaze and I love it. I was originally afraid of getting light-colored cabinets (worried about resale to people with kids) but I am SO glad I went with it. I have a few cabinets in a dark green as a contrast (I think Kraftmaid called it moss? they were discontinuing cypress, which looked very similar to me) and they are gorgeous too. And I did get lazy susans, pull-out cabinets, etc., although some of those I bought off ebay or Craigslist as some of those prices were crazy.
Thanks for your post. Despite my very truthful words I feel good you are pleased with your purchase from the big orange. As one poster said, small dealers do salivate when a customer brings in a bid from them. The details are not important here but to say they are not cheap. Only a consumer who does their leg work and homework will learn that.

I too like your choice in partial overlay rather then full. I too love to see the face frame. I have always said if America's taste went Euro I'd get out of this biz. It would be like doing a job you don't like. And I don't like ugly frameless and/or Euro look. If I was going to sell something I hated I'd just sell cigars for a living.

Where you live may be more customary for the big stores to discount, you are in a smaller market with less competition. I can assure you in large cities those stores do not discount. Day after day after day people walk in here with their big store proposals. Complete with the fake names of Kraftmaid products they assign to the door styles which we have to convert. That fact alone creates distrust for the big store when I show the customer that. Yes the big stores rename all the door styles to make it hard for people to price shop and figure out how expensive they are. Go ahead take the Kraftmaid catalog from the big store and compare it with the Legit Kraftmaid web site and see for yourself. They do not play fair and may the consumer who does not educate themselves be damned.

Old 03-02-2012, 11:20 AM

desertsun,

You better get busy making more movies, now there is a Chinese cabinet dealer selling Legit Kraft Maid here in Houston!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating