U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-09-2012, 12:06 PM
Status: "no status" (set 5 days ago)
 
114 posts, read 666,916 times
Reputation: 48

Advertisements

White beadboard (wainscoting), white tub, white toilet, white pedestal sink....


cream tiles (shower & floor),
or
white tiles (shower, and slate gray tiles on floor)

Pick one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-09-2012, 01:18 PM
 
867 posts, read 2,700,075 times
Reputation: 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewdrop74 View Post
White beadboard (wainscoting), white tub, white toilet, white pedestal sink....


cream tiles (shower & floor),
or
white tiles (shower, and slate gray tiles on floor)

Pick one.
Can you post pics of the tiles you are considering? Is it full wainscoting, or half wall wainscoting? If 1/2 wall, please post a pic of the color you are planning for the upper wall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2012, 05:53 PM
Status: "no status" (set 5 days ago)
 
114 posts, read 666,916 times
Reputation: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWayISeeThings View Post
Can you post pics of the tiles you are considering? Is it full wainscoting, or half wall wainscoting? If 1/2 wall, please post a pic of the color you are planning for the upper wall.
yes, half wall. i am picturing white above the beadboard.
and the white tiles in the shower would be subway, while the slate gray would be 12x12.

the cream colors tiles are pretty much the same.

and as i type this, i'm already fantasizing about the white & gray.

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2012, 06:16 PM
 
54 posts, read 268,144 times
Reputation: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewdrop74 View Post
yes, half wall. i am picturing white above the beadboard.
and the white tiles in the shower would be subway, while the slate gray would be 12x12.

the cream colors tiles are pretty much the same.

and as i type this, i'm already fantasizing about the white & gray.

thanks
This! I don't think the creams would look right next to so much white, would end up looking dated and not quite clean enough in the long run...
But I would paint the walls above the wainscoting a color. I'm picturing a very light blue, but primarily gray based so you can barely tell its an actual color. More so will accent the gray tiles. Very classic, beachy/chic cottage style. Sounds great!

Last edited by R&J1016; 03-09-2012 at 06:45 PM.. Reason: Typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2012, 06:32 PM
Status: "no status" (set 5 days ago)
 
114 posts, read 666,916 times
Reputation: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by R&J1016 View Post
This! I don't think the creams would look right next to so much white, would end up looking dated and not quite clean enough in the long run...
But I would paint the walls above the wainscoting a color. I'm picturieither very light blue, but primarily gray based so you can barely tell its an actual color. More so will accent the gray tiles. Very classic, beachy/chic cottage style. Sounds great!
exactly the look i was going for. thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2012, 10:17 PM
 
Location: The New England part of Ohio
17,579 posts, read 21,763,821 times
Reputation: 44382
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewdrop74 View Post
White beadboard (wainscoting), white tub, white toilet, white pedestal sink....


cream tiles (shower & floor),
or
white tiles (shower, and slate gray tiles on floor)

Pick one.

Sight unseen, I like white tiles and slate grey floor tiles. What shpe will the tiled be? Will the wainsotting be white in all three scenarios, or another color? How about the walls?

I also like the cream tiles. In that case, same question. Will the tub an bead board remain white? What color will the walls be painted?

Actually I also can't say that I don't care for the white. For some reason, I'm picyuring a claw foot tub and whit and black tiles ( In the third proposal)

Do you have any pictures? I see the walls in a very pale pastel - almost a tint, with blow green, lt gray and a very pale crystal blue as my favorite wall colors.

In the choice involving green, I see green walls - a bold sage or an aquamarine tint are my favorite thoughts.When I say tint I ween almost a white or cram based wash - not a pastel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2012, 06:18 AM
Status: "no status" (set 5 days ago)
 
114 posts, read 666,916 times
Reputation: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Sight unseen, I like white tiles and slate grey floor tiles. What shpe will the tiled be? Will the wainsotting be white in all three scenarios, or another color? How about the walls?

I also like the cream tiles. In that case, same question. Will the tub an bead board remain white? What color will the walls be painted?

Actually I also can't say that I don't care for the white. For some reason, I'm picyuring a claw foot tub and whit and black tiles ( In the third proposal)

Do you have any pictures? I see the walls in a very pale pastel - almost a tint, with blow green, lt gray and a very pale crystal blue as my favorite wall colors.

In the choice involving green, I see green walls - a bold sage or an aquamarine tint are my favorite thoughts.When I say tint I ween almost a white or cram based wash - not a pastel.
subway tiles (long like horizontal brick) with white grout on the wall of the shower. it's a neo angle shower which will have glass walls & door.

the floor tiles will be 12x12.

paint color may be a subdued version of a robin's egg blue.

white pedestal sink, white beadboard, white medicine cabinet, white toilet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2012, 09:35 AM
 
Location: Asheville
1,162 posts, read 3,569,796 times
Reputation: 1199
I also like the white and gray, with a grayish blue for walls. BUT please do not use subway tiles in the shower; rather use squares, not as large as floor perhaps. Then ask tiler (or yourself) if you're willing to run an accent of a half-tile of leftover gray somewhere above halfway up. Might as well. It's a modern look.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2012, 09:38 AM
Status: "no status" (set 5 days ago)
 
114 posts, read 666,916 times
Reputation: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigimac View Post
I also like the white and gray, with a grayish blue for walls. BUT please do not use subway tiles in the shower; rather use squares, not as large as floor perhaps. Then ask tiler (or yourself) if you're willing to run an accent of a half-tile of leftover gray somewhere above halfway up. Might as well. It's a modern look.
oh yeah? why is that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2014, 04:49 AM
 
Location: Subconscious Syncope, USA (Northeastern US)
2,367 posts, read 1,524,054 times
Reputation: 3814
Check out a paint color called Silver Mist. Its a light gray-based blue. Id post the manufacturer but not sure if Im allowed to.

I would work in a Black accent somewhere to add a bit of drama - maybe a glossy black slim outline tile - and to tie everything together. Remember your color wheel (maybe even buy one from an artist supply store, they are cheap) - black and white make gray.

Heck, if you would be left with very little wall remaining after the wainscotting and tiling is complete you might want to consider painting it a deep indigo or black. This would be risky, but could make everything pop. Also there is the option of a black vanity, depending on its location, to create a dramatic focal point. In Feng Shui, black is a grounding color.

Last edited by ConeyGirl52; 07-02-2014 at 05:40 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top