U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: How would you rate the color choice?
Looks awesome! 20 17.39%
Looks OK but not my style 49 42.61%
Looks like crap get rid of it! 46 40.00%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 08:46 PM

4,917 posts, read 7,513,338 times

Advertisements

I think it looks cool!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2012, 08:48 PM

28,115 posts, read 24,101,617 times
Wtf?
Hot crap on a plate.
I was actually starting to dig the stripes...but the blue? Ugh.

Old 04-08-2012, 09:12 PM

25,603 posts, read 32,377,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWayISeeThings View Post
Then again, I doubt the sanity of anyone seeking wisdom from a group of random strangers with "trust me" credentials, blogging in their underwear. Come on - you know you do it!
I am always fully dressed while posting on CD. Sorry to disappoint you.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:44 PM

2,639 posts, read 2,658,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I am always fully dressed while posting on CD. Sorry to disappoint you.
eh-oh. Anyone imagining me posting in my underwear might be...disappointed.

Old 04-09-2012, 03:43 PM

15,819 posts, read 32,448,417 times
Buy a parrot or a cockatoo. Allow it out of the cage during the day time. In a few weeks, it will have chewed up the walls and you will have to re-do them. "It is not my fault honey, it is that $@*Y$ @*@@#& bird. " Then you can try a new color/pattern. After all who wants the same old thing that you already had.

Option 2: Take up welding or some other craft that involves heat/flames. Inadvertantly set some plastic on fire in that room. (Make sure no one else is home, plastic fumes are dangerous). The smoke will coat the walls and you will have to repaint (plus the insurance company will pay for it). If you mess up and burn the house down, at least the new house can be painted differently and no one will have to look at what your wife did.

Option 3: Turn the room into a party room. Fill it with fog machines strobe lights colored lights. Cover the walls with posters (black light posters maybe). Add black lights and a mirror ball. You will never see the walls.

Old 04-10-2012, 12:09 AM

5,262 posts, read 8,253,981 times
Let her finish the room. Your wife is one hell of a painter. Looks professional. See what the end result looks like.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:01 AM

1,290 posts, read 2,568,034 times
I'm not going to comment on the painting without agreeing part. Not really any of my business.

On the color, I like the blue, I like the stripes, but I don't like them together.

The blue is too in your face for the muted stripe pattern, and really contrasts it, but not in a good way. A different blue I think would go better. if it were me I'd try and change the blue to a more toned down variety with some more gray in it.

on a few side notes here.... I'm not sure how modern you were looking for, but the beadboard, fireplace surround and crown molding read more traditonal than modern. where as the furnature reads more modern than traditional. Not that they all can't work together but they are contrasting a little bit.

What is that power outlet to the left of the fireplace for in the middle of the wall?

Old 04-10-2012, 10:21 AM

5,398 posts, read 3,378,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
job well done although not my taste.

My concern is more for lack of respect for you. You agreed to wait; you said you'd be open to more than one color (a sort of compromise on your part) and then coming home to this? Seems her friend's taste is more important than yours.
That by itself wouldn't be a deal breaker but it would merit a serious talk. And more paint.
That's my feeling. I assume they both own the house, so they should both have say and come to agreement with household improvements. Yes, it's just paint, but both people have to live with it.

I would have a serious talk with my wife if she did something like this.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:31 AM

93 posts, read 107,853 times
The execution of the technique, from the photos, appears good.

I think my head might explode if I came home and my husband had done that with those colors, though.

Old 04-18-2012, 02:42 PM

246 posts, read 356,340 times
I wish I could paint like that. She did an excellent job.

I think the blue is very bold for an accent wall. Which I like and could deal with it.

But I'm not liking it paired with gray stripe walls.

Last edited by BlondeLocks; 04-18-2012 at 03:02 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating