Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How would you rate the color choice?
Looks awesome! 20 17.39%
Looks OK but not my style 49 42.61%
Looks like crap get rid of it! 46 40.00%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 01:56 PM

8 posts, read 33,263 times

Advertisements

Long story short we just bought a house 4 months ago and have been working on projects ever sense both equally sharing input! Her friend was in town this week to help with setting up the house and even after discussing painting the living room (which I did not even want to do because I liked the color) I was open to ideas just not the two toned which I told her!

Anyways after discussing the need to come to an agreement on the colors, they painted while I was at work and I'm pissed! Part of it due to the fact she did it in spite of our conversation (I would get over this) but mainly due to the fact that I don't like it!

I think it looks like a flag and nowhere close to the direction we BOTH want which is a nice looking modern living room.

The room is not decorated nor is the furniture really in place in these pictures but tell me I'm crazy does this look good/have potential if was decorated??

Lets have a vote guys/girls!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 02:04 PM

10,049 posts, read 18,056,896 times
Wouldn't actually call it "crap" but don't like it at all. If my SO were as sneaky as your wife was about painting, I'd be pissed too. (But I'm sure she has many good qualities too!)

Old 04-05-2012, 02:05 PM

16,656 posts, read 17,422,433 times
Let's just say that the choice of colours (that's how I spell it) and the scheme used are pretty bold.

Not my cup of tea.

Are you looking for back up or a reason for divorce?

Old 04-05-2012, 02:10 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,364,258 times
Wow. She really should have respected your part in this marriage and the decsions that will involve both of you. I would be way more wary and upset over her going behind your back than the color choice.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:13 PM

45,329 posts, read 60,500,026 times
What's the problem? You were at work and she painted the living room. You, therefore, didn't have to spend your time doing it. I see it as a win/win.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:14 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,887,176 times
Bold and not exactly my taste but not that bad and at least she didn't try that sponge painting faux wall finish crap technique.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:16 PM

744 posts, read 811,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger555 View Post
Long story short we just bought a house 4 months ago and have been working on projects ever sense both equally sharing input! Her friend was in town this week to help with setting up the house and even after discussing painting the living room (which I did not even want to do because I liked the color) I was open to ideas just not the two toned which I told her!

Anyways after discussing the need to come to an agreement on the colors, they painted while I was at work and I'm pissed! Part of it due to the fact she did it in spite of our conversation (I would get over this) but mainly due to the fact that I don't like it!

I think it looks like a flag and nowhere close to the direction we BOTH want which is a nice looking modern living room.

The room is not decorated nor is the furniture really in place in these pictures but tell me I'm crazy does this look good/have potential if was decorated??

Lets have a vote guys/girls!!

LOL, first thing I thought also. Sorry but in my opinion it looks hideous..I have to commend her on her painting skills tho, I couldn't do something like that.

I think it could be fixed by painting white over the grey

Old 04-05-2012, 02:25 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,282,830 times
While it looks like they did a good job painting, I agree with you, it looks awful. First, why the gray and blue?? It might look ok with that same gray where the blue is but even then, I agree, it looks like a flag. Good news is that it is just paint and you can change the colors easily.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:25 PM

4,097 posts, read 11,473,825 times
paint is cheap. She will probably tire of it and want to repaint again. Not a deal breaker. If this is what you argue about, boy is it going to be interesting when more important things happen.

I would bet that the communication was not heard completely on either side.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:37 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
there are more important things to be mad at then your wife and her buddy getting a hair up their bums and painting the LR with a few stripes. wait to pass judgment until you get it decorated. live with it 6 months or so and if you still hate it. repaint it. simple. don't sweat the small stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating