Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 05:06 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,297,575 times

Advertisements

Another idea I just had-is there a closet in that room and if so, can you put the stereo equipment in there-build in some shelves, very easy, and just have the speakers out in the room. That would keep one less piece of furniture out of the room and then a nice corner desk would work well. Your cassette tapes could go in the wheeled boxes under your bed and the daybed, or pack them up and put them in a closet somewhere. If you can put some shelves on the short wall of a closet somewhere you could set up a system to store them all. I would have a hard time getting rid of something like that too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2012, 10:36 AM

501 posts, read 1,474,154 times
What are the dimensions of the den? Your daybed is really pretty and you can add a bunch of throw pillows to compliment whatever color paint color you decide on.

Putting your stereo in a closet with shelves is a great idea. This way if you ever have overnight guests you can close the door and hide all those wires and you'll add extra useable space to the room. That brown cabinet is not really attractive and I would ditch or sell it as well as the brown recliner, though it may be comfortable, in the living room. It's just to bulky looking.
You could replace it with a smaller recliner or a small scaled comfy armchair and ottoman for extra seating if you need it.

Decluttering is always a daunting task. I put off purging my walk-in closet for months but once I started and put all the old clothes in boxes and sent to Goodwill it felt great.

Can you fit your stereo equipment in the white armoire? If it can, a corner desk would be nice and give you extra work space. If it can't fit, the other option mentioned of getting a computer armoire would work too.

Old 05-19-2012, 01:43 PM

252 posts, read 387,035 times
If I put a stereo system in the closet, where would all my excess clothes go?

Seriously though I don't want the stero system out of sight, I like seeing the lights and it needs to be in proximity of a good speaker placement.

I did think about trying to repurpose the armoire that I have by painting it a coastal color and using that to hold whatever stereo equipment ends upon the room.

I wil post an updated photo after the room is painted in a coastal blue color, and most of the clutter and excess furniture has been removed.

Old 05-22-2012, 01:49 PM

I know I said I didn't want to give up my closet, but this is friggin brilliant

How to Turn a Closet into an Office - Closet Makeover - Country Living

Old 05-27-2012, 07:43 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,297,575 times
Take the door off the closet and hang some bamboo blinds or some other "tropical" covering that can be open or closed as needed. That way when you are in the room you can have it open and see the lights, closed if you have company or whatever.

Old 05-29-2012, 02:20 PM

Love that idea! Doors would also be insanely expensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating