Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 07:27 PM

1,148 posts, read 3,556,999 times

Advertisements

I like cream over green. Hubby had a dark green sofa when we met and when we got married and combined out furniture, his green sofa was one of the first items to go. We kept my cream sofa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2012, 11:12 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,141,697 times
I vote cream.

ETA: Actually, I have a second thought. What does the sofa look like? Sometimes I prefer a certain color per style.

Last edited by fallingwater; 05-25-2012 at 11:20 PM..

Old 05-26-2012, 03:41 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times
Love the responses! (Fallingwater, it's a sectional. I can't find a picture of it right now.)

I've been on a massive the hunt! Two days in a row I've been gone all day looking at furniture. I'm determine to make the purchase before the weekend is over. Why is buying a sofa not easy?

I caved and decided to buy this one because it met "most" of my requirements and it was cheap. I figured I could afford to buy it and wait until I could find the perfect one in a year or two. Then I marked it out on the floor with painter's tape and decided it was a little too long. Plus I was tormenting over the green or cream so I headed out to find another sofa that better met all of my criteria.

Two solid days of looking (from when the stores open to close), and I'm back to considering this one. I found a great looking leather that was the perfect size. Since leather is my preference for pets, I decided to buy it, but then looked online and discovered the reviews are AWEFUL.

So, now I'm back to deciding to buy this green or cream sofa again!

I have owned two cream sofas in my life. One with a baby, I gave it away to a friend after two years because it was too large for where I was moving. The other was purchased during elementary school years after going crazy over dog hair on a chocholate brown sofa, I bought cream again. I had that second sofa for way too many years. Sure, it got terribly dirty eventually, but I don't recall it looking dirty after just a couple of years.

Someone hit the nail on the head about going NUTS about the dog hair on the dark green. Maybe someday when I own a non-shedding dog, I can have a dark sofa again. Who knows what I'll decide. I might end up impulsive and decide on green at the last minute, but right now, I'm leaning strongly towards the cream.

Thanks for your posts!

Old 05-26-2012, 05:23 AM

3,440 posts, read 6,546,706 times
Go with the cream if it makes you happy and just put a green throw over it so you can dispense with the dog hairs by popping it in the dryer.

Old 05-26-2012, 06:40 AM

5,035 posts, read 9,222,366 times
I'm picturing a scene a la "I Love Lucy"...

The doorbell rings. Even though you vacuumed just a few hours ago, there are so many stray hairs on the green sofa it would take too long to get them all up quickly. (Of course it's shedding season.)

The solution: Rush to the front door and very quietly unlock it. Run back to the green sofa and sit down on it - effectively covering the dog hair. Casually call out, "Come on in, the door's open!"

Old 05-26-2012, 09:29 AM

501 posts, read 1,474,154 times
If you decide on the cream sofa you can always add a couple of green throw pillows. I've never had a piece of furniture with microfiber on it but that sounds like a great option when you have a pooch that likes the couch. I wish I knew about that fabric when my dogs were still alive. We had a cream chair and even though I used sheets to protect it, tried taking the cushion off as soon as I'd leave the room my male dog (a vizsla-red hair) he'd jump right up there. The chair had stains on it and is now in the basement waiting to be reuphostered some day.

I found a sturdy looking dog cover if you are interested:

Sofa Covers / Grip-Tight Furniture Protector -- Orvis

It looks pretty nice and the color will go with cream too. Let us know what color couch you choose!

Old 05-30-2012, 10:13 AM

18,468 posts, read 31,630,721 times
I am voting green.

Old 05-30-2012, 10:14 AM

18,468 posts, read 31,630,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Green is a neutral.
Look outside and see what God does with it.

you are too funny !!!

Old 05-30-2012, 10:20 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,993,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
you are too funny !!!
Hey, its true!
Theres nothing that doesnt go with green.

Old 05-30-2012, 10:39 AM

61,694 posts, read 87,077,794 times
I would opt for whatever looks good + a pet friendly cover to wash frequently.
Something like this:
Sure Fit Furniture Friend Claret Red Sofa Protector at PETCO
you can remove it fast when guests are coming It protects your sofa from fluid spills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating