U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 04:58 PM

43,017 posts, read 49,687,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
We moved from Long Island, one of the highest income areas in the country with $20,000 taxes. We are college graduates. We moved because we liked the low prices of the homes and beautiful architecture in this area, although we have to send our children to private school. This part of the city were the house is located is near the historic area where coal barons lived. The area is an up and coming area. There are also great mountain views from the back upstairs porch.
Not sure why you shared all of that information. I could not care less that you are from Long Island. I could not care less that you are college graduates. I could not care less about the mountain views. I could not care less about the supposed up and coming area. I was simply letting elnina know that the house is appropriately priced because people who live in higher cost of living areas often think that there's something wrong with cheaper houses in lower cost of living areas because they can't wrap their minds around why the house is so cheap. Even if you were an unemployed high school drop out, I'd think it was neat that you were excited about this house and it's retro kitchen. I might even think that was hipper of you. So there's no need to get pretentious with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2012, 08:01 PM

1,623 posts, read 1,128,656 times
Not sure how I offended you. I just was stating the fact that I left a suburb to live here. When you say a "low income area" it conjures some negative images.

It sounds like a ghetto. And we are interested in restoring homes in this area. We are not interested in being slumlords as many out of state people seem to be. Why so nasty"?

Old 06-24-2012, 10:05 PM

43,017 posts, read 49,687,764 times
Quote:
When you say a "low income area" it conjures some negative images.
Quote:
It sounds like a ghetto.
Not to most Pennsylvanians. Newcomers often make that mistake. It's like they never heard of the working class.

Quote:
Why so nasty"?
Because you felt the need to be strangely defensive over an ACCURATE description of that neighborhood.

Old 08-03-2012, 03:15 PM

1 posts, read 490 times
Hi, well I am a Contractor with 15years of experience. It would be much more practical to remodel the basement. The end result will be much roomier . You would need to go through engineering to work in the Attic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating