Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 01:45 PM

575 posts, read 1,777,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbyehollywood View Post
Tans are really tricky. I would recommend painting a large portion of one wall and letting it dry to see if you like the color before doing the whole room.

Absolutely!

It's tough to find a neutral without a lot of undertones, some which can be really funky when they're surrounding you.

I like Apache Tan for a really pure neutral, but I think it's Sherwin Williams not Benjamin Moore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2007, 09:42 PM

38 posts, read 173,623 times
Check out
Sherwin-Williams Camelback. It is really a beautiful, deeper tan and looks great with a creamy white. I did our bath room bottom half with the Camelback and the top half with a creamy white and used the sahara desert-look wall paper border from Lowe's and it is beautiful. Will now use the same Camelback in our dining room with black furniture.

Old 03-22-2008, 09:34 PM

1 posts, read 9,906 times
Default Oklahoma Wheat

I painted the Oklahoma Wheat in a dinning room years ago. I am a professional painter and I put color up everyday. This color made an impression on me. Elegant.

Old 03-22-2008, 10:18 PM

2,407 posts, read 10,676,988 times
On the topic of tan paints, I used Sherwin Williams Latte throughout the house and I definitely went too dark. It should have been Kilim Beige instead.

Old 03-23-2008, 05:12 PM

1,266 posts, read 5,610,522 times
I agree tans are tricky. Some are too orange or too peachy. We painted our formal livingroom and dining room in Sherwin Williams Latte. I was freaking at first because I thought it was too dark, but now I love it. We plan on painting the hallwall, staircase and kitchen area in SW Kilim Beige (2 shades lighter than the latte). I'm going to paint a swatch of latte on the wall in our bedroom to see if we also want to put it in there.

Old 03-23-2008, 05:35 PM

2,309 posts, read 2,312,138 times
Can't remember if SW or BM, but SHaker Beige is great. It looks light on the swatch, but after two coats it dried a little darker and I love it. (It is in my son's room)

Old 03-24-2008, 07:25 AM

563 posts, read 3,742,256 times
Have you taken a look at the pottery barn catalogs? they use BM colors and give the names either in the catalog or online. Its a great way to see what the color looks like on a large wall. they do use a lot of beiges although their latest catalog seems to be trying to change and go trendy :P
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating