Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2012, 11:37 PM

519 posts, read 1,049,609 times

Advertisements

Hi, I have a black bedroom - it was previously white and maroon - there is currently a maroon fabric headboard and a set of block out maroon curtains left over.

They are looking shabby and we are stuck with them until I can find some suitable black and white fabric which I cannot seem to find ANYWHERE!

I am going insane.

Our local fabric wholesalers have plenty of types of plain black fabric, I can also get silver, white with a black pattern (spots or floral *puke*) or simple black and white stripes.

All I desire is a simple geometric design BLACK background with white pattern. No flowers. Period.

There are some ready made fabrics (all they need is hemming) I can get plain black in this - is there any way I can add a pattern that suits???

I think this is risky, and I would hate to ruin hundreds of $$ worth of fabric if it doesn't work out.

Any ideas? Please help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2012, 01:13 AM

239 posts, read 520,561 times
I found lots of geometric patterns with white on black background at fabric.com. Here's a link to the results of my search...

Search Results

The first page just has plain black, so click on "show all" and you will find all sorts of patterns.

Here's one that's not a geometric, but kind of interesting.

Premier Prints Coral Black/White - Discount Designer Fabric - Fabric.com

Old 08-11-2012, 07:13 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,112,817 times
Why not post a pic and then have tons of folks here, who may have a connection to interior design or fabric help you out? A description is impossible to help you search for without a visual.

Old 08-11-2012, 09:13 PM

519 posts, read 1,049,609 times
Thanks for the idea nuts2u!

I will do this later today (when I get a chance to sit down properly)

Old 08-12-2012, 12:43 AM

Location: When things get hot they expand. Im not fat. Im hot.
2,520 posts, read 6,327,014 times
Just a thought. Why not make your own.

You could take any quilt pattern and do it large scale in black and white solids. Old quilts are often very geometric. Or make up your own design.

Or you could do something simpler. Solid fabric in either black or white. Then overlay it with different width strips of contrasting fabric or cloth ribbon to make a pattern. Apply with iron on interfacing or fabric glue or sew them on. Or you could cut out circles or whatever shape appeals to you.

Old 08-12-2012, 01:45 AM

3,059 posts, read 8,284,416 times
This place (located in Florida) has some! Lovey Duds - Home*

Old 08-12-2012, 11:01 AM

3,176 posts, read 6,216,270 times
Yes, there are a good number of fabric choices for back and white geometric fabric on places like Fabric.com. Just pick up some Heat n Bond and you can make yourself no sew curtains.

I had black and white curtains made by a seamstress with fabric I found 5 years ago. They were predominately black with white, more of a stripe. I liked them at the time and got a ton of complements on them. But, alas, it's easy for me to grow tired with such a bold pattern all around me, especially in those colors... and then you can really change or update the rest of your room easily. So, I ditched them and started over. Learned my lesson though -- shouldn't have spent that kind of money bold curtains.

Some of these might fit the bill but you say you want predominately black with white so that is harder to come by.

Z Gallerie - Montecito Panels - Black

LAPPLJUNG RAND Pair of curtains - IKEA

Black and White Curtains and Drapes

Premier Prints Cadence Black/White - Discount Designer Fabric - Fabric.com

Cone Zone Chevron White/Black - Discount Designer Fabric - Fabric.com

Lush Decor Dimension Window Panel White/Black - For the Home - Window Coverings & Hardware - Drapes & Panels

Black and White Princess Window Treatment Panels - Set of 2 only $49.99

Casa Flocked Faux Silk Grommet 84-inch Window Panel | Overstock.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating