Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 07:32 AM

2 posts, read 6,218 times

Advertisements

Hello, my bedroom in located in the basement, so it is very small with not a lot of light coming in. My floor however is very white and marble-like, and the ceiling has bright led lights installed. I have no idea what color to paint the walls or ceiling. I must decide this by tomorrow. Also I plan to add glitter to the paint (Valspar paint crystals) and maybe a glitter top coat by Benjamin Moore. I am a 24 yr old female. Thanks so much!!!
Attached Thumbnails
PLEASE HELP CHOOSE INTERIOR BEDROOM WALL COLOR! 24yr old female-image.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2012, 08:01 AM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
Pull a color for the walls from your bedding.

Old 10-08-2012, 08:03 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Why not go Antique White, White or one of those shades and add color with pictures, bedding, linens, pillows etc and why would you add glitter to wall paint?

Old 10-08-2012, 08:32 AM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
why would you add glitter to wall paint?
I thought the same thing.
The only kids I know who add glitter to their rooms are in their early teens. I am surprised that a 24 year old would do that, but I figured, hey, it's her room; she can do as she likes!

Old 10-08-2012, 01:49 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
I wouldn't do off-white of any shade. That room needs color.

Since it's a blank slate, she can paint it anything.

OP, what are your favorite colors?

Old 10-08-2012, 02:28 PM

2 posts, read 6,218 times
My bedding and fav colors are pink and purple (shown here: https://www.google.com/search?tbm=is...0&bih=416#i=29) and I was thinking a mauve color with the shimmer over it but I'm not sure still, I don't want to be stuck to a specific color coordination that's why I thought mauve is fairly neutral

Old 10-08-2012, 07:05 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
I'm not a fan of mauve. It reminds me of the 1980s.

If you want to do a neutral, I'd do beige or grey.

Beige would have a warmer feel. Grey would be a cooler feel.

Of the two, I think pink and purple look better with grey.

Almost everything goes with grey. You can have big pops of bright color for accents. You can do blues with it.

Your options are limitless with grey.

Old 10-08-2012, 07:16 PM

530 posts, read 1,130,926 times
What are the colors of your furniture, curtains, rugs, accessories?
Or
Are you buying ALL new stuff?

Old 10-08-2012, 07:18 PM

530 posts, read 1,130,926 times
Before I make over a whole new room I browse on the Internet. You can type something easty in search engine as bedroom then click images and BAM you will get so much inspiration.

Also if (when i am in the middle of a project) I am at Walgreens or the grocery store I browse through the decor magazines.

Old 10-09-2012, 03:38 AM

890 posts, read 2,279,763 times
It is not really 'glitter' she is talking about, its small sparkly crystals you add to the paint and it shimmers on the wall once dry. Valspar actually has paint chips at Lowe's in some colors that show what it will look like when mixed and there are no visible glitter pieces. When I paint my accent wall in my bedroom I plan to use them, it isn't in your face glitter, just a subtle shimmer. It's very pretty.

Since you like pink and purple, if I were you I would go with a light purple shade. I think it would look very pretty mixed with the paint crystals but still be light enough for a room with little natural light. Something from the top right of the dusty violets or true violets palette: Color Selector

Though if you plan to buy a bedspread with color, it would be much easier to find that and coordinate the paint color with it. If you are getting something neutral, like white or grey, you won't need to worry about the paint clashing. I actually prefer neutral, light bedding, it is timeless and looks fresh and clean. Something like this:

Oh, and since you are planning on using the paint crystals, I would look into getting bedside lamps with clear crystal bases (no better place to find these than HomeGoods), or a crystal chandelier if you have a ceiling fixture (Overstock has the best deals). Keep with the sparkly theme.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating