Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 12:33 PM

501 posts, read 1,474,409 times

Advertisements

Thanks Kshe for posting these photos - wow shades of the sixties in some of those prints. I don't think I could live with the pink chair with the black & white print though the dining room chairs in the back of the photo would look really good in a contemporary setting.

Very interesting what they are doing with leather. Had to look at the blue couch a few times as it looks so different from the standard blacks, browns and cordavans. But it is a pretty shade of blue. Hasn't blue and white always been a classic color combo? I know I've seen that combination in Georgian rooms and glad it is back with a twist. Like the lighter shades on the walls too.

It must be so fun looking at all the new designs. Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattknap View Post
I'd love to have a blue/gray velvet Chippendale couch with a slouchy down cushion....like this....and as long as I'm dreaming, I would buy a lovely antique couch in excellent condition for about $500 that I could have reupholstered just like I want it:

Gorgeous French Import SofaAntiique Shabby Camel Back by FSEHome
That couch is so beautiful and exactly what I have in mind to replace my current 90's sofa. I'd love to own an original Chippendale some day - well you can always dream right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 07:17 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
More trends.....

Old 10-29-2012, 02:54 PM

659 posts, read 1,014,782 times
I love all these but my husband is afraid to steer away from tans or neutral tones. The most colorful thing in my house is my red kitchen aid mixer.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:26 AM

4,725 posts, read 4,420,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Blue really looks like its going to be the next big thing, it will take about 6-8 weeks for what was shown at High Point to start filtering into the stores.

You have my hopes up. I would settle for just knowing I would actually be seeing it in the ready to go stores soon enough.
I have been hearing this for quite a while now, so hopefully I can hold out just a little longer before I bite the bullet and just go for nice safe adaptable tan

Old 10-30-2012, 09:47 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
You have my hopes up. I would settle for just knowing I would actually be seeing it in the ready to go stores soon enough.
I have been hearing this for quite a while now, so hopefully I can hold out just a little longer before I bite the bullet and just go for nice safe adaptable tan
You wont see it in the stores til the first of the year.
At least as far as actual furniture, accessories will be sooner.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:48 PM

4,725 posts, read 4,420,706 times
Well, I am still ever hopeful to see some blues around. I havent looked very much because everything was pretty much beige.brown which I do like but I have been hoping for blue. I have noticed a bit more gray - so I guess the blues will also be gray blues which is ok too.
I am trying to hold off looking at furniture for a bit more- till I see that the blue you PROMISED will be in the stores

Old 01-07-2013, 02:49 AM

1,654 posts, read 7,347,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
Well, I am still ever hopeful to see some blues around. I havent looked very much because everything was pretty much beige.brown which I do like but I have been hoping for blue. I have noticed a bit more gray - so I guess the blues will also be gray blues which is ok too.
I am trying to hold off looking at furniture for a bit more- till I see that the blue you PROMISED will be in the stores
Why wait? If you want it, you can find it now.

Old 01-08-2013, 11:54 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
I am always off trend when it comes to colors in my home. It's made it hard to shop for furniture but the result is everyone always oooh and ahhhs when they see it because it's different. I had a patterned faded-denim colored sofa that was made from the accent fabric that went with another in vogue color way back when. I remember arguing with the salesmen to get the full sofa done in that fabric, they were convinced it would be hideous and should only be used on a pillow or something, but it was great and I was so sad when that piece came to the end of it's life. I replaced it with a solid basil green sectional which was very hard to find since green was "so out" at the time. That piece is still in use in the family room, although wearing down now the fabric held up so I'd rather re-stuff it than replace it. My last go at living room furniture put me into the browns, a place nobody seemed to want to go, but after a some negativity with the saleswoman (she was pushing the rich, deep chocolate while I was convinced the lighter, tweed color that she deemed BORING was best) I got what I wanted and it's sort of mid century modern looking, and pre Mad Men, with a twist. People just don't know any better, going with trends is never the thing to do.

Old 01-08-2013, 03:24 PM

1,285 posts, read 3,607,951 times
Colored Wall Help
Just tiled the bedrooms with a tan and white tile. What colors would be Ok to use. Just a guy with no color smarts. The master bedroom has a tray ceiling and I thought some slight contrasting color on the sides of the tray would be nice. Ideas please. I live in S. Florida, the house is 2003 vintage. I am not into dark colors on walls even though they are very popular in many houses here. I want something light and airy. The yard is heavily planted so there is not much direct sunlight thru the windows. What about accent walls or should all the walls be the same color.

Old 01-08-2013, 11:27 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,224,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alsidw View Post
Colored Wall Help
Just tiled the bedrooms with a tan and white tile. What colors would be Ok to use. Just a guy with no color smarts. The master bedroom has a tray ceiling and I thought some slight contrasting color on the sides of the tray would be nice. Ideas please. I live in S. Florida, the house is 2003 vintage. I am not into dark colors on walls even though they are very popular in many houses here. I want something light and airy. The yard is heavily planted so there is not much direct sunlight thru the windows. What about accent walls or should all the walls be the same color.
You should start a new thread, so people will see your question easily. If you can post any pics of your bedroom, that would help too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating