Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 03:12 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,655,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hickoryfan View Post
Heard that HGTV is giving away a dream house in 2013 as a grand prize . The problem for me, the house is being built on the coast of South Carolina (it is not Hilton Head Island, but another island).
My question is, would you move to an area that had your dream house, if that area was not a place where you would live?

How fast can you say YES!!!!

Well maybe I could talk them into building that dream home in Canada for me where there is zero tax due on winnings. They rape you every other way but lotteries and prizes ARE NOT taxable income.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2012, 03:44 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,902,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
How fast can you say YES!!!!

Well maybe I could talk them into building that dream home in Canada for me where there is zero tax due on winnings. They rape you every other way but lotteries and prizes ARE NOT taxable income.
Seriously? Earning your money gets you taxed but get it handed to you and it's tax free? What a place that Canada.

Old 12-11-2012, 07:13 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,655,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
Seriously? Earning your money gets you taxed but get it handed to you and it's tax free? What a place that Canada.
Another word for winning a gift is getting something for free. Free should mean just that. FREE. But your govt extorts a penalty from us peasants on the gifts we receive. Despicable.

Old 12-11-2012, 10:25 PM

17,475 posts, read 66,045,317 times
There one flaw in this thread-
It's not "your" dream home!

It was designed, fabricated, and decorated by people you don't know, have never met, or given one hint as to what "you" want in "your" dream house. Basically they're giving away a collaboration of many ideas, thoughts, and promotional gimmicks, just so you'll watch; and drool, and be a marketeers delight with your email address and zip code.
Sucker!

Old 12-12-2012, 06:00 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
It might be a my dream home. Can't decide until I see it.

Old 12-12-2012, 06:05 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
I found the pictures and floor plans for it. It's not my dream home.

HGTV Dream Home 2013: Renderings and Floor Plan : Dream Home : Home & Garden Television

I'd use it a second home vacation place and rent it out when I'm not using it.

If there's no demand in the area for vacation rentals, I'd sell it.

Old 12-12-2012, 07:25 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,183,468 times
There's more to life than four walls, be they dreamy walls or not.

Old 12-12-2012, 10:18 AM

2,137 posts, read 1,902,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Another word for winning a gift is getting something for free. Free should mean just that. FREE. But your govt extorts a penalty from us peasants on the gifts we receive. Despicable.
A penalty on a freebee is despicable but a penalty on working is not? A fine example of backwards perspective.

Old 12-14-2012, 04:25 AM

27,343 posts, read 27,395,534 times
Absolutely not. My dream house doesnt include subdivision homes, hoa, traffic lights every block, convenience stores on every corner. My dream home is in a quiet area where you have green grass, neighbours not right on top of you and no city noise. A kid can play outside without an armed bodyguard to make sure he/she doesnt get kidnapped or hit by a car. No fences or block walls needed, everyone knows pretty much their own property lines. You can actually see a horizon without city lights, other buildings blocking your view. The less population, the better. Just my point of view of a 'dream home' though, everyone has different ideas on their own.

Old 12-16-2012, 07:28 PM

18,469 posts, read 31,635,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post
There one flaw in this thread-
It's not "your" dream home!

It was designed, fabricated, and decorated by people you don't know, have never met, or given one hint as to what "you" want in "your" dream house. Basically they're giving away a collaboration of many ideas, thoughts, and promotional gimmicks, just so you'll watch; and drool, and be a marketeers delight with your email address and zip code.
Sucker!

exactly.

while the homes are decorated nice, not one of them have ever reflected me and my personality, or my likes, needs or wants.......not one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating