Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2013, 11:21 AM

102 posts, read 305,861 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

Recently I saw a picture where someone used Carrera marble tile (porcelain) and I like how it looked and they had the shower and bathroom tile as white subway 3X6 with black backsplash. However I don't care about the White tile in the shower and tub area.

I need ideas about what other colors or tiles I can use with eth Carrera tile floors. I don't want everything to be white.

Also the Vanity cabinets will be cherry Bordeaux and white counter top.

This is going to be build by the builder but I am trying to get theses non standard tiles that they don't offer. I don't like how the Brown model home bathroom tiles look.

I want to look modern.

A picture will be helpful as I am a visual person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2013, 04:11 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,490,627 times
first off you said that the tile was Carrera marble, but then you said porcelain...Carrera is marble not porcelain.
carrera has a grey veins running through it. personally i like all the tile and fixtures to be white. its easy to change the style of the room just by changing the paint/towels/rug. but i guess you could add some grey accents in tile to change it. it will look dated soon though.
you can also add some black accent tiles. that will always be timeless.

Old 03-15-2013, 04:14 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,490,627 times
careera marble tiles - Bing Images

Old 03-15-2013, 05:08 AM

102 posts, read 305,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
first off you said that the tile was Carrera marble, but then you said porcelain...Carrera is marble not porcelain.
carrera has a grey veins running through it. personally i like all the tile and fixtures to be white. its easy to change the style of the room just by changing the paint/towels/rug. but i guess you could add some grey accents in tile to change it. it will look dated soon though.
you can also add some black accent tiles. that will always be timeless.

What I mean is I saw someone use porcelain tiles which looked like the Carrera marble.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:42 AM

4,096 posts, read 6,216,301 times
With the base of the Carrera marble (porcelain tile) you can use just about any color you like to punch it up. Pick complimentary or analogous colors. What ever you like. Or even, black or greys.
Attached Thumbnails
Bathroom Tile ideas please-colorscarreramarbletile.jpg  

Old 03-15-2013, 04:59 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,156,596 times
A neutral palette of grays or whites looks modern to me. To be consistent, the cabs should be as simple as possible. If you use brushed chrome or satin stainless fixtures, you can match the drawer pulls and handles to that. Chose a modern, functional shape.

This look would be lovely on dark red modern cabs. The marble tile will make a nice visual contrast with the warm red cabs. You have to ask yourself how do you want to feel when you enter the bath? And what do you want to see when you enter it? When you leave it? The colors in the bath should "talk" to the colors in the adjacent room.

I would look hard at various grays. Also consider what the wall color would be, if not all of it is tiled. But gray is very stylish now, and that means that there are many grays available. So you should be able to find the right tone more easily than if you chose a less stylish color. If you look at enough gray tiles, you will see that some colors have warm or cool undertones.

Find some interesting tiles, get a few of each, and lay them against your cabs or another similar cab you have access to. You will soon know which you prefer. Be sure to add some black into your modern bath.

You can also mentally go across the color wheel from red, to green. Think a pale misty green, barely a color. Again, lay the tiles against the cab and floor tile to see if they look good together. Take your time choosing everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating