Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 01:47 AM

10,039 posts, read 17,995,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wry_Martini View Post
I agree, it's adorable, and would make a lovely nightstand, but I'm not sure I'd like a pair of them flanking a bed. Might be a little too matchy-matchy. (Two of the same nightstand without the stamp/postage marks would't make me feel it was too matchy-matchy.)
Good points. I actually have these in the master bedroom right now ...

I bought them at Pottery Barn a few years ago when they were on clearance. I absolutely love the style and have them in red as well in my living room as end tables (will likely paint them black at some point). These ones match but don't look "matchy" if that makes sense.

I think the postal cabinet would work as a nightstand if it were on only one side (e.g. if the bed were in a corner so there's only room for one nightstand).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2013, 01:29 PM

2,279 posts, read 4,733,896 times
If you don't use the postal table as a nightstand, I hope you still buy it and use it somewhere! It's a darling piece.

Old 07-15-2013, 05:36 PM

67,652 posts, read 60,572,966 times
I agree - not sure I made this clear, but it's quite cunning!

Old 07-16-2013, 01:04 AM

10,039 posts, read 17,995,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wry_Martini View Post
If you don't use the postal table as a nightstand, I hope you still buy it and use it somewhere! It's a darling piece.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I agree - not sure I made this clear, but it's quite cunning!
Oh, I bought one several months ago when it was on sale with free shipping ... was wondering if I should get a second and use them as nightstands.

This thread helped me realize that they likely wouldn't work as nightstands ... but I love the ONE in my living room! Several guests have commented on it and asked me where I got it.

I do especially love the "England" on it ... my mom is British and as of next year I will have dual citizenship as well. So it's kind of a special piece for me in that way too.

I think I rep'd everyone who replied -- thank you all!

Old 07-16-2013, 05:06 AM

5,697 posts, read 19,108,689 times
I bought some nightstands that have print on the front. I bought two. At first I thought it would be too much or too "furniture showroom" but I actually like balance. I got mine for a good price and are solid wood. I figure in the future if I get tired of the print I will just paint them.

Old 07-16-2013, 10:25 AM

4,096 posts, read 6,194,573 times
If you like them, go ahead and get the second one. Then get some other stamps of British places and stamp in different places on both of them. Or get stamps of another country that has significance for you. You can use these tables original stamps as a cohesive jumping off points for your own customization.

Old 07-16-2013, 10:40 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,185,650 times
Can you get another similar table for the other side of the bed? I guess I don't really mind the matching thing for night stands but probably wouldn't use them for end tables in a living room if they matched.

Old 07-17-2013, 11:58 AM

2,279 posts, read 4,733,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayekaye View Post
If you like them, go ahead and get the second one. Then get some other stamps of British places and stamp in different places on both of them. Or get stamps of another country that has significance for you. You can use these tables original stamps as a cohesive jumping off points for your own customization.
Now that's a great idea! A friend did something similar to 'antique' up some vintage suitcases, but with reproduction travel/hotel stickers.

Old 07-17-2013, 06:54 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,147,660 times
They are adorable. Sure, they could be used as either nightstands, or end tables. Depends totally on your decor needs.

Old 07-17-2013, 09:05 PM

43,011 posts, read 107,831,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
I think the postal cabinet would work as a nightstand if it were on only one side (e.g. if the bed were in a corner so there's only room for one nightstand).
Food for thought: Nightstands don't have to match. You can have two nightstands that are different. I do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating