Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 10:55 AM

3 posts, read 8,091 times

Advertisements

I want to paint my kitchen, family room, living room and hallway stair area.
I need help deciding the color. My family and kitchen are like attached to more like a hall style. I have cream curtains which I will keep and I will add cherry furniture in my family room. After getting paint done I will get laminate flooring so now I have to decide to go which color of paint should go with cherry furniture, cream curtains and cherry laminate flooring in my family room. In kitchen I have oak cabinets, white appliances and Gray white type counter tops and again cherry flooring will add.
Living room I have cream and teal combination sofa set and cream curtains and cerry flooring. And last stairway and hall way.
Plz help me decide colors.
Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Need paint ideas for my house-image.jpg  

Last edited by Maiya333; 08-20-2013 at 11:09 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2013, 12:42 PM

10 posts, read 35,605 times
Overall it is suggested by experts that light colors are more comfortable for home. however for some people dark and bright colors are more desired one. Keeping in view the the experts opinion and nature or room i suggest for kitchen off-white color, for family room any light color but on one wall same dark color.

Old 08-20-2013, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanzy View Post
Overall it is suggested by experts that light colors are more comfortable for home. however for some people dark and bright colors are more desired one. Keeping in view the the experts opinion and nature or room i suggest for kitchen off-white color, for family room any light color but on one wall same dark color.

Thanks for the suggestions
I am thinking about sherwin williams softer tan and dapper tan.
Any suggestion?

Old 08-20-2013, 02:47 PM

1,806 posts, read 1,736,861 times
What's wrong with the paint you have there now? Put the money into hardwood instead.

Old 08-20-2013, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
What's wrong with the paint you have there now? Put the money into hardwood instead.
It's white and messy

Old 08-20-2013, 06:48 PM

1,806 posts, read 1,736,861 times
Spending all that time to make it a lightly darker off white is worth it?

Old 08-21-2013, 08:15 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times
So the colors you have in the house are cream, cherry, teal, and gray in the kitchen? A tan would be fine yes. Of course, there are any number of colors you can use. If you want neutrals, stick with the tan although I would make sure it doesn't clash with your gray countertops. Might want to consider a tan with a slightly green undertone. That will help with the teal and gray.

Old 08-22-2013, 08:41 PM

5,132 posts, read 4,481,664 times
I think a color that is a combination of soft gray/blue/green would be nice, like Sherwin-Williams's Magnetic Gray SW-7058.

Or something in the family of colors below. They are Benjamin Moore.

Old 08-23-2013, 06:06 PM

1 posts, read 2,603 times
hi, this second option which is more good? remodeling your home or buying a new home? and which are the most profitable?

Old 08-23-2013, 07:03 PM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
the pictures you have on the wall between the windows are way too high, they should be lower, and one should be directly over the other, (stacked effect) for symetrey with the narrow wall.

I think it will look better and more up to date than the way you have then hanging.

I do like the curtains, they are pretty.
I would go with a mocha or taupe color for the walls, deeper than the curtains. For contrast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating