Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 04:54 AM

42 posts, read 55,010 times

Advertisements

Paul's Perfectly Suited Studio House Tour | Apartment Therapy
This studio apartment has a very similar floor plan, the layout of the furniture seems to work brilliantly.. If I were to rearrange my furniture accordingly, i.e. move the TV closer to the bar/kitchen and place the bed between the TV and the curtain. The couch would be were the bed is now. But I'm worried about the space opposite to the bed!! How will I utilise that space?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2014, 09:14 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,842,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayekaye View Post
Sounds good, but still have an aversion to stripes, sorry. I like the samples.

The bedspread in the original photo is not quite even a comforter, it barely reaches over the bed 3 inches. So I think a new bedspread in any case is in order, to reach the floor.
The original photo looks like the comforter is bunched up more toward the pillows and could be pulled down some. If the bed were to stay by the bar and the comforter was too long, you risk tripping over it every time you walk from the kitchen to the living space. At least that is something that would concern me.

Old 01-24-2014, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe.lk View Post
I'm thinking about getting these sheet for the bed, futon and armchair
Basics - Bedroom - SALE - United Arab Emirates

and this rug
Ã…DUM Rug, high pile - 133x195 cm - IKEA

But I'm still confused about what colour to choose and what fabric. Pressing-On I really like what you suggested, hope i can find a subtle blue strip fabric
If the sheets are 500 or more thread count, then I would purchase them.

I love the area rug. Your wooden chair blends with it and brings the color out more.

I hope you can find a subtle blue strip too! I thought that you really liked blue as the comforter is the main focus of the room.

So, to recap - you like the white sheets, the beige and white area rug and you want a blue strip. Are those your colors? White, blue and beige?

Maybe you might like one of the patterns on these pillows and go with that instead of the stripes? As long as the colors you are choosing are in the print, you can combine the various designs together.

Quote:
Paul's Perfectly Suited Studio House Tour | Apartment Therapy
This studio apartment has a very similar floor plan, the layout of the furniture seems to work brilliantly.. If I were to rearrange my furniture accordingly, i.e. move the TV closer to the bar/kitchen and place the bed between the TV and the curtain. The couch would be were the bed is now. But I'm worried about the space opposite to the bed!! How will I utilise that space?
Nice floor plan - really nice!

Did you do the tour of Paul's studio? I do like how he placed the bed and couch. So, at the bar, I would place some nice bar stools. And I really like his small and serviceable work space. Looks like your studio apartment is coming together nicely.

Old 01-24-2014, 10:25 AM

Sure Fit - $49.99 - Suede
Sure Fit - Soft Suede Woven Futon

Your area rug.

Old 01-24-2014, 11:54 AM

I don't really need a work space. I had a desk previously and never used it.. Anything other than a desk?!

Old 01-24-2014, 01:25 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,588,583 times
I'd switch out places with the bed & sofa and add a privacy screen between the two...

Old 01-24-2014, 01:59 PM

Quote:
I don't really need a work space. I had a desk previously and never used it.. Anything other than a desk?!
Arching Floor lamp, then your armchair, the white side table, and then your couch.

15 Arc Lamps for Under $300 Roundup | Apartment Therapy

I know you don't need a side table, but I like this one because it brings out the beige in the area rug.

Bar stool from Ikea, tying in with your wooden chair.

Or plain white, like the other furniture.

Old 01-24-2014, 03:56 PM

4,096 posts, read 6,212,304 times
The arc lamp is a great idea. And the screen for privacy if you move the bed, just a small one that would fold up and offer a bit of a wall.

Old 01-24-2014, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayekaye View Post
The arc lamp is a great idea. And the screen for privacy if you move the bed, just a small one that would fold up and offer a bit of a wall.
I was thinking that like Paul's Perfectly Suited Studio, the privacy screen would not be necessary. However, as the OP stated, this is a temporary rent and he may not have the incentive to fix up so much of a luxurious layout. Therefore, he may opt for the privacy screen.

Old 01-25-2014, 03:09 AM

I'm not convinced

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating