Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 11:33 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,392,308 times

Advertisements

Yep get the cheapest possible options from the builder

You might keep the cheap fridge for the garage or whatever and maybe craiglist the other stuff of just have the guys haul em away maybe someone will give you a few hundred for a used-new appliance

Sounds like you have a huge house waiting congrats
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2014, 11:56 AM

270 posts, read 591,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
Yep get the cheapest possible options from the builder

You might keep the cheap fridge for the garage or whatever and maybe craiglist the other stuff of just have the guys haul em away maybe someone will give you a few hundred for a used-new appliance

Sounds like you have a huge house waiting congrats
You're right. We may put the cheap fridge in the garage. In case we need more space when friends come over for BBQ or Thanksgiving. Plus I have 3 guys to feed. My husband and our sons eat like velociraptors.

Old 02-26-2014, 12:43 PM

9,912 posts, read 24,561,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Concur. I would suggest the OP just make sure that she's trading like size for like size to avoid issues with moving cabinetry, etc.
This is very important. You want to make sure you have the proper space to fit your Sub-Zero and such. The only thing that's just about always going to fit the same size opening is the dishwasher.

Old 02-27-2014, 11:25 AM

37,056 posts, read 42,015,227 times
I have a not-so-high end GE gas stove and microwave hood, going on 15 years not without a hitch. Perhaps quality used to be better? I just picked mine out at one of those stand alone appliance stores and I'm fairly sure it's builder grade. I was going for looks and function (solid, heavy grates, etc) I did get a little spendy on my fridge but it's still nothing special, $1700 for a Maytag side-by-side, black, cabinet depth, NO icemaker. That was a lot of $$ back then and still now. It was the specs I was going for and at the time it was that or a Frigidaire brand. Sadly neither are available now.

The urge (obsession) with "best of the best" is epidemic and honesly unnecessary for the majority of people out there. We've all been hoodwinked. I've experienced it myself a few times, but not with appliances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating