Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 08:18 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times

Advertisements

Here is a folding coffee table. Sit on the floor around it like Japanese.

Sears.com -- Folding Coffee Table

You can fold it up and slide it under your sofa or bed, or store it in the back of your closet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2014, 07:49 AM

12,767 posts, read 14,959,782 times
Yeah, I won't worry about it too much. My TV tables will work. I can get colorful placemats to fit on them, so they look more stylish/artsy. I was thinking, while my guest is sitting on my loveseat, I'll be sitting on my ottoman. It's awkward sitting on the same loveseat...that's sitting way too close to the guest & having to turn/sit awkwardly to face them while talking.

I did pick up a food tray the other day just in case & I may get some big floor pillows later.

Old 03-27-2014, 08:14 AM

34,088 posts, read 82,920,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post

I was thinking, while my guest is sitting on my loveseat, I'll be sitting on my ottoman.
It's awkward sitting on the same loveseat...that's sitting way too close to the guest
& having to turn/sit awkwardly to face them while talking.

The Big Bang Theory - 101-Sheldon explains to Penny his spot on the couch.avi - YouTube

Old 03-27-2014, 05:48 PM

6,192 posts, read 7,351,512 times
Quote:
That's a nice idea. I'd prefer plastic ones. Those look thick & heavy on one's lap.

My husband and I just bought a tray for our couch---we have a big couch and no room for a coffee table.

We put the tray right in the middle of the L because we like to sit together and always have something around---whether it's a drink, snack or we're eating dinner. (We also have a decently-sized dining table but we're couch eaters.) We don't actually put the tray on our laps though.

Old 03-27-2014, 05:53 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,668,915 times
You might be able to pick up a little bistro set for your patio on Craigslist for a reasonable price. That would give you a small table and a couple of chairs you could use in the future as well.

Old 03-28-2014, 05:25 AM

2 posts, read 2,723 times
Why don't you one of those plastic floding tables ? It is cheap and you can get rid of them after all easly just throwing it out.

Old 03-28-2014, 08:14 AM

Thanks again everyone! I pretty much got it solved. In my last post, I said, I won't worry about it too much. My TV tables will work. I can get colorful placemats to fit on them, so they look more stylish/artsy. I was thinking, while my guest is sitting on my loveseat, I'll be sitting on my ottoman. It's awkward sitting on the same loveseat...that's sitting way too close to the guest & having to turn/sit awkwardly to face them while talking.

I did pick up a food tray the other day just in case & I may get some big floor pillows later.

Old 03-28-2014, 09:14 AM

4,096 posts, read 6,212,304 times
Quote:
Thanks again everyone! I pretty much got it solved. In my last post, I said, I won't worry about it too much. My TV tables will work. I can get colorful placemats to fit on them, so they look more stylish/artsy. I was thinking, while my guest is sitting on my loveseat, I'll be sitting on my ottoman. It's awkward sitting on the same loveseat...that's sitting way too close to the guest & having to turn/sit awkwardly to face them while talking.

Well this is the interior design forum. We are going to try to get you to upgrade a bit, don't hold it against us,

Old 03-28-2014, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayekaye View Post
Well this is the interior design forum. We are going to try to get you to upgrade a bit, don't hold it against us,
No, I appreciate it!

If I had more spending money, I'd take down these cheap-looking small circular mirrors I got from Target when I moved to my apt & upgrade to 2 nice, big decorative mirrors to hang on a section of my living room wall. I plan to get them soon because I'll be having summer relatives coming to visit & I want them by then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating