Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 07:18 AM

Location: When things get hot they expand. Im not fat. Im hot.
2,513 posts, read 6,323,285 times

Advertisements

I looked on Ebay and there are quite a few shades available for under $20.
Checked the sold and some have sold for $10-$20.

Are you open to other shapes besides 12 x 12 drum. As long as its 12 in diameter it could be taller.
Or it could be bell shaped etc.

I need to see things to chose. Do you have other lamp shades you could borrow to check out what size would fit best.
You could even use a box just to get an idea. Maybe another size would work better.

Dont forget about different uses . Some shades let light thru and some block light.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2014, 11:22 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Oh yes I have throw pillow and lamp shades are outrageous now ...I wish I had learned to sew now . I went the lamp store and wow they wanted to interest me in more lamps , no thank you and I will never go that route again , I guess Im just fried unless I find something while digging for something else ...
The lamp stores I have visited will help you with shades. I mean, they sell shades too.

Several years ago I found several sorts of shades at K mart. But that was when Kmart carried Martha Stewart stuff. I don't know what you would find now.

Matching shades to lamps is hard.

Old 04-02-2014, 01:18 PM

37,095 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I have been everywhere looking for an old style screw top lamp shade and guess what most of them are a either too big and exspensive or just plain exspensive ...and I looked at a gazillion thrift stores and still nothing and I have check ebay and amazon nothing absoloutly nothing ...
I was recycling some old newspapers and found an ad for this company. I have never visited the store or purchased from them, but I would be surprised if you could not find the shades you are looking for:

Light Fixtures | Kitchen Lighting | Bathroom Light Fixtures | Lighting by Lux

They have online chat, which might be the quickest way to find out.

Old 04-04-2014, 06:35 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,507,013 times
If you just need one, I'd check out thrift shops and ebay. I see a lot of individual ones but I've been trying to find a pair and it's almost impossible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating