Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2016, 09:07 AM

5,851 posts, read 5,279,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Wow. When we moved into this house three years ago, we knew that the transom window above the front door was jacked up (see first picture) but we had a lot of renovation projects that were a higher priority. But every time I'd see that front door, I'd feel a little surge of irritability! OCD and falling window panes don't go well together! So anyway, we FINALLY had the glass replaced and here's the result - the first picture is from this morning before the old window was taken out, then after the new one was put in, and then the first picture of the front of the house is from when we moved in two years ago and the final long shot of the front is from today after the new windows have been put in.

We are probably going to replace the half moon arched windows above the front windows with this glass as well.

You have such a cute house.

Cat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2016, 11:45 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I like the new glass. I think replacing the glass over the Windows will look great too...more contemporary.
Thank you - I'm strongly considering it.

Old 08-31-2016, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
You have such a cute house.

Cat
Thank you - we just love it - it's very comfortable. It's not huge but not too small (2500 square feet) and it's very pleasant - it has a floor plan that we really like. We just keep working on it because it was built in 1996 or so and had never been updated so we're slowly getting rid of a dated look and going for a more classic look, since the house itself is very traditional and classic.

Old 08-31-2016, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Thank you - we just love it - it's very comfortable. It's not huge but not too small (2500 square feet) and it's very pleasant - it has a floor plan that we really like. We just keep working on it because it was built in 1996 or so and had never been updated so we're slowly getting rid of a dated look and going for a more classic look, since the house itself is very traditional and classic.

Houses are NEVER done.

Cat

Old 08-31-2016, 04:02 PM

OK, today's fun:

Adding can lights in the kitchen.

Adding a pendant lamp in a small archway/hall.

I'll post pictures soon!

Old 08-31-2016, 05:15 PM

Here is the pendant lamp we hung in the little arched hallway. I would post pictures of the kitchen can lights but they're pretty boring.
Attached Thumbnails
What are you working on now?-pendant-lamp-8-feet.jpg   What are you working on now?-pendant-lamp-close.jpg   What are you working on now?-pendant-lamp-across-room.jpg  

Old 08-31-2016, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Here is the pendant lamp we hung in the little arched hallway. I would post pictures of the kitchen can lights but they're pretty boring.

Beautiful.

Cat

Old 09-12-2016, 12:57 PM

Just added these shelves to the kitchen to free up some room in some upper cabinets since we have a very small pantry and no way of adding to it's space. I moved our Polish pottery (which is our every day dishware) to the open shelves and I'm putting all my messy baking stuff in the cupboards above my work space. I hope I like it. My options were limited.
Attached Thumbnails
What are you working on now?-new-shelves-kitchen-not-done.jpg   What are you working on now?-shelves-kitchen-done.jpg  

Old 09-13-2016, 10:28 AM

6,192 posts, read 7,355,014 times
I need to do something about the rusting in my bathroom. Aside from the steel door frame that seems to barely be showing rust---BLAH---I don't know why it's so cruddy. There are rust spots on my nice curtain.

Old 09-14-2016, 11:42 AM

1,011 posts, read 976,578 times
Quote:
Just added these shelves to the kitchen to free up some room in some upper cabinets since we have a very small pantry and no way of adding to it's space. I moved our Polish pottery (which is our every day dishware) to the open shelves and I'm putting all my messy baking stuff in the cupboards above my work space. I hope I like it. My options were limited.
Love your open shelves. Ballpark figure to install these, if you don't mind me asking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating