Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2017, 06:20 AM

50,367 posts, read 63,948,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyLane2 View Post
This is the time of year that I get all antsy about getting outside. I cleaned everything on my patio and moved around the furniture, once again . I saw this and fell in love with it. I'm going to hang it on the wall and put some kind of ivy or maybe a sweet potato vine in the basket so that it drapes down.

Antique Turquoise Bicycle Metal Wall Decor with Planter | Hobby Lobby | 1299130
Really like that! I need something for the brick wall next to our patio, but I don't want it to stick out that far. Most of the things I find are too small. One of these days I will think of the perfect thing. Hubby and I have the tools and know how to weld or solder, or otherwise create some kind of wall sculpture, but just not sure what.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2017, 06:21 AM

18,468 posts, read 31,630,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
I'll be honest. Solar landscape lighting is crap. We put some along the front sidewalk and half the time they don't work. Others have told me they have had the same experience.

This is in Las Vegas where we have no lack of sunshine.

i'm pulling them this year and putting in real lighting.
oh, bummer. i figured it was to good to be true. i thought it would look so nice inbetween the shrubs, ok, guess im going to chaulk that idea. if it was my provate house Id get electric, but it is an apartment building that I only own my apartment......thats why i was thinking soloar......

Old 03-02-2017, 07:43 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,389,075 times
Quote:
I'll be honest. Solar landscape lighting is crap. We put some along the front sidewalk and half the time they don't work. Others have told me they have had the same experience.

It all depends on the size of the solar component. If it is just a small solar head whether round or square it won't work well.

Old 03-02-2017, 07:46 AM

We picked up 2 paint colors to try on the outside of the house. Once we decide on a color we will paint. Then we will be taking down the old awning, repaint the framing white, and replace the top to new metal panels.

That is about a 2-3 day, depending on paint coverage and drying time, job but we need good weather. Snow is coming tomorrow so it will not be happening soon I love working on projects but I'll have to wait.

Old 03-02-2017, 01:32 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,689,558 times
After reading the comments section for the lights on Amazon I'd go for it. Looks like the seller does whatever it takes to make things right if you have a problem.

Our set was discontinued a few months after we bought them so we are stuck with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
Id like to get the solar powered lights to put along our front garden of the building, im thinking id need around 12 of them, ( 6 for each side) not sure which would be the best ones to get

https://www.amazon.com/Solar-Powered...+garden+lights

i was thinking these???????
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
oh, bummer. i figured it was to good to be true. i thought it would look so nice inbetween the shrubs, ok, guess im going to chaulk that idea. if it was my provate house Id get electric, but it is an apartment building that I only own my apartment......thats why i was thinking soloar......
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylisa7 View Post
It all depends on the size of the solar component. If it is just a small solar head whether round or square it won't work well.

Old 03-02-2017, 01:33 PM

Quote:
We picked up 2 paint colors to try on the outside of the house. Once we decide on a color we will paint. Then we will be taking down the old awning, repaint the framing white, and replace the top to new metal panels.

That is about a 2-3 day, depending on paint coverage and drying time, job but we need good weather. Snow is coming tomorrow so it will not be happening soon I love working on projects but I'll have to wait.
Find the recommended temperature range for the paint and add 10 degrees. Don't put it on if it's too cold. Been there, not happy.

Old 03-02-2017, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Find the recommended temperature range for the paint and add 10 degrees. Don't put it on if it's too cold. Been there, not happy.
Thanks for the advice. Sorry you had to learn the hard way. I was all excited today and wanted to put the 2 colors on the house to check it out. Mike told me to wait for it to warm up because those two spots could cause us grief when we finally do repaint.

Old 03-02-2017, 04:48 PM

We had a next door neighbor that ignored storm warnings because his father was in from out of town to help paint. They did the tallest side first (a 24 foot extension was too short to reach the top) and just as they were finishing the highest point they could reach it started raining. They lost the paint on the entire side of the house.

I wish I had taken a video of the neighbor on that ladder. He was a scaredy-cat type. I swear he wet his pants while standing on the last rung.

Old 03-02-2017, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the advice. Sorry you had to learn the hard way. I was all excited today and wanted to put the 2 colors on the house to check it out. Mike told me to wait for it to warm up because those two spots could cause us grief when we finally do repaint.

Put it on the side the sun hits. That lets you cheat a little with the samples.

Old 03-03-2017, 10:46 AM

50,367 posts, read 63,948,892 times
Quote:
Aren't you at least going to give us a hint what colors you are thinking about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating