Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2017, 04:54 PM

5,851 posts, read 5,279,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
You might be able to replace the levers with what you want.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...=1E5UNG65F3MIC

I thought about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robino1 View Post

Yup, I looked at that one, too. I'm kind of leery of Kingston Brass (which was the first one that I posted). The reviews are mixed and if I'm going to spend a couple hundred on something, I want the reviews to be GREAT! But most of the ones that come close to my criteria are Kingston Brass so I might have to go with them-and they are cheaper than Moen.

I know, this wasn't supposed to be that complicated. I ask Hubby for input and the only thing he says is, "I don't care. Pick the one you like." Last night I asked him a question about it and he says that I'm over-thinking this. Perhaps I am but I want my bathroom to look GREAT! I want people to go in there and say "WOW!"

Cat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2017, 11:37 PM

12 posts, read 6,852 times
Default Basement office

Hello,
It great to know that all of you are working on some or the other things. Last month we were working on our garage office. We changed our garage into office so I can work from home like home-office. We had some wood planks left from the renovation we did last time so I made it used by making a desk for my office, my friend helped me with this. For siting I used dining chair, but few days later it started getting uncomfortable and I ended up having back pain. So my friend asked me to get a new chair and asked me to check this for used chair. I ended up buying high back chair.

Old 04-14-2017, 10:12 AM

50,367 posts, read 63,948,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
For the past few days I have been shopping for our bathroom faucet (as I have noted in a previous post). I can't seem to decide on any one. These are the elements that I want:

-Victorian arch
-Porcelain levers that say hot & cold
-Drain plug to be on top of the arch
-In either antique brass or bronze

Ok, that doesn't sound too hard but man, I can't find one that has all those elements. So, I have to decide which elements I want more. I found a Moen one (which is from the same collection as the one we have in the upstairs bathroom). It doesn't have the porcelain levers but there is a porcelain plug on the levels that say hot & cold. The problem with that, it is a lot more money that I had been planning on spending. The question is, do I like it THAT much? But, I also know that Moen is a good brand.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00519BY...ing=UTF8&psc=1

BTW, if you scroll down that page, you will see the one we have in our other bathroom-the cross handles in chrome.

Well, I still have at least a week left to decide.

Cat
Holy Lord. It's nice, but not THAT nice.

Old 04-14-2017, 11:00 AM

50,367 posts, read 63,948,892 times
Quote:
For the past few days I have been shopping for our bathroom faucet (as I have noted in a previous post). I can't seem to decide on any one. These are the elements that I want:

-Victorian arch
-Porcelain levers that say hot & cold
-Drain plug to be on top of the arch
-In either antique brass or bronze

Ok, that doesn't sound too hard but man, I can't find one that has all those elements. So, I have to decide which elements I want more. I found a Moen one (which is from the same collection as the one we have in the upstairs bathroom). It doesn't have the porcelain levers but there is a porcelain plug on the levels that say hot & cold. The problem with that, it is a lot more money that I had been planning on spending. The question is, do I like it THAT much? But, I also know that Moen is a good brand.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00519BY...ing=UTF8&psc=1

BTW, if you scroll down that page, you will see the one we have in our other bathroom-the cross handles in chrome.

Well, I still have at least a week left to decide.

Cat
Cat, have you looked here..
Antique Hardware | Vintage Restoration Hardware | House of Antique Hardware

Looks like they have several appropriate options.

Old 04-14-2017, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Cat, have you looked here..
Antique Hardware | Vintage Restoration Hardware | House of Antique Hardware

Looks like they have several appropriate options.

Yeah, I did. In fact there is one that is in the running:

Chesapeake Widespread Bathroom Faucet with White Porcelain Levers | House of Antique Hardware

This one doesn't have "hot" & "cold" written on the porcelain so, I am wondering how much I want that.

Cat

Old 04-14-2017, 02:31 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,689,558 times
Quote:
Yeah, I did. In fact there is one that is in the running:

Chesapeake Widespread Bathroom Faucet with White Porcelain Levers | House of Antique Hardware

This one doesn't have "hot" & "cold" written on the porcelain so, I am wondering how much I want that.

Cat
The question is whether something like this will be the right size to replace the porcelain part.

https://www.amazon.com/Elizabethan-C...2Bhandles&th=1

Old 04-14-2017, 02:38 PM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,337,447 times
Quote:
The question is whether something like this will be the right size to replace the porcelain part.

Not only sizing but the finish may be tricky to match.

Old 04-14-2017, 04:05 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robino1 View Post
Not only sizing but the finish may be tricky to match.

Exactly. I guess it is possible to find a match-maybe.

I am leaning toward that last one (at least today-that could change tomorrow). It is about half the price as the Moen. I think it might be better quality than the Kingston Brass but I'm not too sure who makes it. I did a bit of research and couldn't find who makes it. Maybe it is the own brand of House of Antique Hardware.

Edited to add: I just called House of Antique Hardware and they told me that the faucet was made by Kingston Brass. OY! She asked if that was a good thing. I said that reviews were mixed so I don't know. Maybe I will have to go with Kingston Brass or just spend the boocoo bucks on the Moen. Who know that picking out a bathroom faucet was going to be so hard? lol.

Cat

Last edited by CatwomanofV; 04-14-2017 at 04:44 PM..

Old 04-14-2017, 06:19 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,689,558 times
Finish is not important. You take them apart and replace just the porcelain. Size is important, though.

Old 04-14-2017, 08:44 PM

18,468 posts, read 31,630,721 times
Quote:
I thought about that.

Yup, I looked at that one, too. I'm kind of leery of Kingston Brass (which was the first one that I posted). The reviews are mixed and if I'm going to spend a couple hundred on something, I want the reviews to be GREAT! But most of the ones that come close to my criteria are Kingston Brass so I might have to go with them-and they are cheaper than Moen.

I know, this wasn't supposed to be that complicated. I ask Hubby for input and the only thing he says is, "I don't care. Pick the one you like." Last night I asked him a question about it and he says that I'm over-thinking this. Perhaps I am but I want my bathroom to look GREAT! I want people to go in there and say "WOW!"

Cat

do not get kingston brass.
I did that already.
I bought bathroom faucets for the vanity sink and tub to get rid of the brass a few years ago.

BIG mistake, the both drains all the bronze wore off already looking worse than the brass I removed.
The vanity faucet all the bronze is also wearing off both handels which they did replace twice and the same thing happened.

I now have, (and you wouldnt believe this), black electrical tape wrapped around the faucet because the brass coming thru looks worse. The black tape, as horrible as that sounds you cant really tell to the naked eye if you look fast.....(I am looking to re do the bathroom, (soon) so thats why I havent replaced them again)

I would never again ever buy kingston brass products, and unfortunetely I love the shape of my faucet.....
but they didnt wear well at all....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating