Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2014, 09:17 AM

3,339 posts, read 5,954,405 times

Advertisements

I've been working on decorating two bedrooms at once. It's total chaos. I painted this room gray a few weeks ago and last weekend I made the curtains.

We're getting the bed delivered today. I think then the room will look much more finished. I'm also going to reupholster the chair in this picture, I think. The chair itself is just okay, but I have it so it's free. Maybe I'll decide to just leave it how it is after I see the room with the bed and everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2014, 09:33 AM

67,666 posts, read 60,197,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitakolata View Post
I've been working on decorating two bedrooms at once. It's total chaos. I painted this room gray a few weeks ago and last weekend I made the curtains.

We're getting the bed delivered today. I think then the room will look much more finished. I'm also going to reupholster the chair in this picture, I think. The chair itself is just okay, but I have it so it's free. Maybe I'll decide to just leave it how it is after I see the room with the bed and everything.
Is the color on the chair and rug a plum color? It's hard to tell with some online colors. If so, I LOVE it with the gray. If not...consider putting some plum with that gray!

Old 11-14-2014, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Is the color on the chair and rug a plum color? It's hard to tell with some online colors. If so, I LOVE it with the gray. If not...consider putting some plum with that gray!
Yes, purple and gray is definitely the color scheme I'm going for. The rug is purple and fades to gray in the middle, then back to purple on the other end. There's some purple in the curtains, but that picture is really awful so it's hard to tell. The chair has a grayish brown microfiber cushion. It looks much more purple in that picture than it does in real life. Again, probably because I didn't even let the lights (compact florescent bulbs) "warm up" before I took the picture in a rush last night and the picture is really bad.

Once the bed is set up tonight I'm going to hang up the pictures I have and take some better pictures of the room. I think it will look nice then! Hopefully!

Old 11-14-2014, 09:53 AM

24,204 posts, read 19,020,768 times
I love gray and purple together. For my new living room, the walls are gray and I got a dark purple/aubergine sofa. And my accent color with it is teal - bringing that in with a teal leather loveseat. Now I just need to find some purple/teal/gray fabric to reupholster a couple of chairs.

Old 11-14-2014, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
I love gray and purple together. For my new living room, the walls are gray and I got a dark purple/aubergine sofa. And my accent color with it is teal - bringing that in with a teal leather loveseat. Now I just need to find some purple/teal/gray fabric to reupholster a couple of chairs.
That sounds awesome! I love teal, too (as you can see in my family room pictures in the favorite room thread). There weren't many purple fabric options at JoAnns, but I think purple is becoming more popular. We used purple in our last house and it was really hard to find any accessories. Now, Homegoods has a ton of purple stuff. Gray is also popular now, so that makes finding things so much easier.

Old 11-14-2014, 11:15 AM

5,118 posts, read 16,543,462 times
Love the purple/gray combo. I have that in my living room: Sage green walls, gray leather sofas, plum accents. Your curtains look really nice. I just have gray chiffon & plum voile scarves above my living room window. I really like your baseboards.

Old 11-14-2014, 11:31 AM

2,294 posts, read 3,406,264 times
Had a man who can come and look at our kitchen ceiling/roof issue .. turns out hes a man that can't. So I'm stuck with a low ceiling which means no room above top cabinets.

Aside from that the design for the kitchen is nearly complete and I have my sink over by the window YAY !! Everything will be ordered and stored so we can start on it next spring. As usual with this house we are our own contractors (I'm da boss) so we will be doing everything ourselves.

We took a summer out this year so not so much got done, next year is going to be busy busy busy, bathroom tear down, kitchen tear down and all new siding and house paint coming up !!

Old 11-14-2014, 02:04 PM

Love the gray/purple/teal thing several of you have going on!

Old 11-14-2014, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Alaska View Post
Had a man who can come and look at our kitchen ceiling/roof issue .. turns out hes a man that can't. So I'm stuck with a low ceiling which means no room above top cabinets.

Aside from that the design for the kitchen is nearly complete and I have my sink over by the window YAY !! Everything will be ordered and stored so we can start on it next spring. As usual with this house we are our own contractors (I'm da boss) so we will be doing everything ourselves.

We took a summer out this year so not so much got done, next year is going to be busy busy busy, bathroom tear down, kitchen tear down and all new siding and house paint coming up !!
Wow, those are some big projects you've got coming your way! Be sure to post lots of pictures.

Old 11-17-2014, 11:43 AM

I just put these words above my kitchen sink - not that I need reminding to do this, but I like the sentiment!

Last edited by KathrynAragon; 02-07-2020 at 08:13 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating