Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2015, 10:17 AM

49,972 posts, read 63,287,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by city living View Post
Right now I'm going to look for a lighting fixture to replace the ugly/brass/seagull thing in the hallway.

Q: Apparently the wood floor in our apartment is the original 1950s wood---probably has been refinished at least one time. One section of the floor has water damage from a radiator leak many years ago, before we bought the place. Is it possible to replace that section of floor only or will it be pretty difficult?
Unless you have the entire floor refinished, the patch will show, but this is something that would not bother me. This is how you read the history of a place, and I don't mind that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2015, 02:54 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,563,808 times
Early Birthday Present from Hubby~I wanted add color... ~ One of a kind original paintings by Kris Vermeer~Love Em ~~ Kris Vermeer - Home

Last edited by WildCard~; 01-27-2015 at 03:06 PM..

Old 01-27-2015, 03:41 PM

67,666 posts, read 60,197,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
Early Birthday Present from Hubby~I wanted add color... ~ One of a kind original paintings by Kris Vermeer~Love Em ~~ Kris Vermeer - Home
LOVE those!

Old 01-27-2015, 08:07 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,563,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
LOVE those!

Thank you..I do to..lol..

Old 01-28-2015, 08:26 AM

2,385 posts, read 2,952,939 times
Not too much going on here. Hubby just moved to a home office this week. Unfortunately, we don't have a home office, so we've been busy setting him up in a corner of our bedroom. I work from home too and my office is in the guest bedroom closet. I am happy about finally taking down the vertical blinds over the sliding door in the bedroom. I put up patterned sheers and I'm about to buy curtains, but they will go under, not over the sheers. I hope I like the effect.

Old 01-28-2015, 09:57 AM

67,666 posts, read 60,197,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
Not too much going on here. Hubby just moved to a home office this week. Unfortunately, we don't have a home office, so we've been busy setting him up in a corner of our bedroom. I work from home too and my office is in the guest bedroom closet. I am happy about finally taking down the vertical blinds over the sliding door in the bedroom. I put up patterned sheers and I'm about to buy curtains, but they will go under, not over the sheers. I hope I like the effect.
Oh, post a picture when you're done - that makes me curious.

Old 01-29-2015, 03:27 AM

6,192 posts, read 7,305,397 times
Quote:
It's possible to have it replaced by a professional.

Here's what you may want to do - you may have some wood that you can remove from a closet to use to replace the pieces. Then just replace the flooring in that closet.

Otherwise it's almost impossible to match grains and it will DEFINITELY look like it's been replaced.
My uncle suggested the same thing but I don't know if it's feasible and might cost more than it's worth. I'm not great with DIY so I would not be doing it. It's definitely an idea but I'd have to see if I even have enough wood from the closets to cover it!

I am just thinking in terms of resale. Not sure if it will be a big issue or not. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't but they tried selling our place FOREVER before they found some suckers (us) to buy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Unless you have the entire floor refinished, the patch will show, but this is something that would not bother me. This is how you read the history of a place, and I don't mind that.
If it wouldn't show too much, I wouldn't mind. My coop stipulates that a certain percentage of the floor has to have area rugs anyway so much of the flooring ends up covered. I wouldn't mind replacing an entire room but the floor is basically continuous from the LR/DR through the office area and hallway leading to the bedroom.

I'll take a picture next time...

OKAY now I will look for my next project. I had all these plans but then I: worked OT on Saturday, did an 11+ mile walk Sunday, Monday was a snowstorm, Tuesday I went into work early, and then I miraculously had two weekdays off in a row, only to get stuck in a parking lot when my power steering just died on me. Barely drove my car down to get it fixed, walked home, walked back to pick up the car and didn't get to sleep way late.

I want to replace the flushmount light I have in the hallway, which I hate (basically like this brass one Shop at NationalBuilderSupply.com) to maybe something more like this:

http://www.restorationhardware.com/c...yId=cat1701018

http://www.restorationhardware.com/c...yId=cat1701018

Might have to look for something a little narrower...

...and cheaper because RH is ouch on the pockets.

Old 01-29-2015, 11:09 AM

2,294 posts, read 3,406,264 times
Making some side curtains to go with my roman blinds. The blinds fit nicely into the window but its become apparent during windy days that we still get a cold draft coming through.

Also just ordered some net curtains from the UK, over here they call them sheers although they are alike but not exactly the same thing. Feeling the need for a little more privacy in the dining room and kitchen.

Old 01-29-2015, 11:32 AM

336 posts, read 569,945 times
Quote:
Ok, I just got done painting the dining room accent wall:

Before and after:
I love the rug. Looks like the same one I have in my dining room!!!

Old 01-29-2015, 11:36 AM

45 posts, read 47,362 times
We have a 9 mo old baby boy and we moved into our house when he was 3 mo old... still yet to paint his room a nice light blue picket out the color so, soon we should get to the next step
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating