Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2015, 05:46 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,675,571 times

Advertisements

While the granite you saw online "looks exactly alike", the slabs in person do not look alike at all. Granted they are very similar, but the colors in the Blue Flower (at all three locations where we found it) are much darker. The dark blue is almost black and the overall color of the stone is a darker brown whereas the Iguaza has a much lighter background.

This is why we are waiting. We are hoping one of the other suppliers will get a lighter version of Blue Flower than we've seen so far, because what we have looked at is not acceptable, There is that much difference in the colors.

And we are still looking into alternatives. Since this is more expensive we have looked again at quartz.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2015, 06:59 AM

6,192 posts, read 7,351,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyLane2 View Post
You've sure had your fair share of problems with that bathroom. I'm glad it's finally coming together for you. I've never seen one of those books. I'm sure you'll get a lot of comments on that little pooper accessory .

My fabric is slowly making its way here. Upholstery guy is backed up, so it's still going to be a while.

I usually stick to those with a sense of humor so I'm sure most will enjoy.

On another note, I just want to change the color scheme in my LR. Ah I drive my husband nuts.

Old 04-22-2015, 07:16 AM

8,612 posts, read 10,755,919 times
LOL, you go City! It's a small space, you deserve to love it.

Old 04-23-2015, 12:46 PM

I have added pictures of quartz we looked at in the blog.

Old 04-25-2015, 09:02 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,191,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
I have added pictures of quartz we looked at in the blog.
What is the blue mark on that middle photo of Berwyn? If that's just a shadow or something, I think that is really pretty. Is the tile off to the side your existing floor?

Old 04-25-2015, 10:18 PM

The shadow of my arm. The first photo shows it also - a little harder to see. Because of the lighting it's the least shadow I could get.

Yes.

Old 04-27-2015, 08:41 AM

5,444 posts, read 6,987,107 times
Well, we got the house painted. It was a good weekend to do so because temps were in the 60s and a bit rainy. We started roughly 10am Saturday morning and finished painting around 11pm Saturday night. We then spent Sunday from about 10-4 doing touchup work and putting the house back together. I'm glad we tackled this project and we think the house looks great. I don't wish painting a vaulted ceiling on my worse enemy. Here are a few pictures. It is hard to tell, but we went from a yellow to a light gray. The gray does make the house seem a bit brighter and I think compliments our décor a lot better than the yellow. We do have plans of redoing the floors eventually, but that is another story.

Sorry the pictures suck. I took them with my phone.
Attached Thumbnails
What are you working on now?-dining-area-after-paint-.jpg   What are you working on now?-finished.jpg   What are you working on now?-image5.jpg   What are you working on now?-stairway-before-paint-.jpg   What are you working on now?-vaulted-ceiling-after-paint-.jpg  

Old 04-27-2015, 10:07 AM

Looks great! We prefer grays and blues to browns. The picture that shows the yellow still around the edges really makes the difference stand out.

Looks like you built a wall in the back yard, too.

Old 04-27-2015, 01:04 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,588,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
Well, we got the house painted. It was a good weekend to do so because temps were in the 60s and a bit rainy. We started roughly 10am Saturday morning and finished painting around 11pm Saturday night. We then spent Sunday from about 10-4 doing touchup work and putting the house back together. I'm glad we tackled this project and we think the house looks great. I don't wish painting a vaulted ceiling on my worse enemy. Here are a few pictures. It is hard to tell, but we went from a yellow to a light gray. The gray does make the house seem a bit brighter and I think compliments our décor a lot better than the yellow. We do have plans of redoing the floors eventually, but that is another story.

Sorry the pictures suck. I took them with my phone.

Looks great...Looks bigger to..

Old 04-27-2015, 01:41 PM

1,192 posts, read 2,481,288 times
Wow, looks great, headingtodenver! You two knocked that out in record time. I don't see how you did it without scaffolding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating