Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2015, 10:17 AM

5,444 posts, read 6,991,441 times

Advertisements

Tek.. I bet you are glad to have your house back to normal. Everything looks great and top notch selections on fixtures and the like. Now comes the fun part....relaxing and enjoying your remodel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2015, 12:20 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,689,558 times
We thought so. Contractor called and the counter guy is coming over to clean the counters. I hope he does a better job than I expect of him. The counters look good, but his work ethic seems a bit iffy.

Old 08-14-2015, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Tek, love your room. the book shelf, chair otto and the dog! nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Dog? No dog here.

Edit: Rug? Was that a typo?
Figured it out. Those weren't my pictures. They were niftybegrin's.

Old 08-14-2015, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
Tek.. I bet you are glad to have your house back to normal. Everything looks great and top notch selections on fixtures and the like. Now comes the fun part....relaxing and enjoying your remodel.
Quote:
We thought so. Contractor called and the counter guy is coming over to clean the counters. I hope he does a better job than I expect of him. The counters look good, but his work ethic seems a bit iffy.
And he proved me right. Dude didn't show up. The worst sub of the bunch. Some have done somewhat shoddy work (that the contractor fixed), but this guy is the worst. And because of what he does (counter tops) the contractor apparently doesn't have anyone to fall back on that cleans and seals them. So we're stuck with him. The install was excellent (he wasn't here for most of it), but the follow up - not so good. I can only hope he does a good job of cleaning and sealing. If he doesn't he gets to do it again. And again until it's right.

Old 08-14-2015, 05:54 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,015,863 times
Quote:
Figured it out. Those weren't my pictures. They were niftybegrin's.
lol

Old 08-14-2015, 06:48 PM

Had me going!

Old 08-14-2015, 09:19 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,015,863 times
Quote:
Had me going!
bet you were wondering if you feed the dog or not!

Old 08-15-2015, 11:37 AM

2,709 posts, read 6,314,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
bet you were wondering if you feed the dog or not!
Believe me, he would have let you know if you hadn't.

Old 08-15-2015, 01:08 PM

1,192 posts, read 2,482,524 times
Quote:
And he proved me right. Dude didn't show up. The worst sub of the bunch. Some have done somewhat shoddy work (that the contractor fixed), but this guy is the worst. And because of what he does (counter tops) the contractor apparently doesn't have anyone to fall back on that cleans and seals them. So we're stuck with him. The install was excellent (he wasn't here for most of it), but the follow up - not so good. I can only hope he does a good job of cleaning and sealing. If he doesn't he gets to do it again. And again until it's right.
I think some of the countertop contractors have developed the prima donna attitude. It seems like everyone is getting new countertops lately, and the good ones are in high demand. I see no excuse for not finishing what they started though. I bet when he didn't show up, he didn't call either. You just can't trust some of them.

I had a tile setter who set over a pallet of tile in my house several years ago. He cleaned up all the demo material very well and hauled it all off. He did a great job with the tile too. However, when he finished and loaded up his trailer and truck to the gills, there were still two piles of pieces of cut tile that he couldn't fit. He told me he would come back the next day and get them. He was also leaving his wheel barrow and a brand new dolly, so I trusted him and paid him in full . He never showed back up. I called and called and called. He finally blocked my number . Guess who had to clean up the rest of it.

Update on my prints that are coming by paddle boat - still not here, but I got an email asking me to rate my purchase . My first thought was to rate it and spill the beans on how slow their carrier is, but I was nice and just emailed them back that they still haven't arrived. After I get them, I may have to rat them out.

Old 08-15-2015, 05:17 PM

I'd have dropped all that tile in his front yard and kept or sold the wheel barrow and dolly to pay for your effort.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating