Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2015, 01:52 PM

2 posts, read 1,493 times

Advertisements

I need help on deciding what color curtains to get in my kitchen/living room (its one big room, that I separate with a couch). The walls are peach (the only color my husband and I could agree on). The adjacent room is toasted wheat by behr. My furniture is cherry, and the countertops in my kitchen are black granite with specks of gray and little bit of green. Can anyone help me????
Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2015, 05:19 PM

13,055 posts, read 18,112,817 times
What kind of windows, size, location of windows, cabinet color, backsplash color and flooring? I am confused as to the relevance of the adjacent room. If I understand the kitchen and the living room are peach right? When I say location of the windows, I mean are they in the kitchen or the living room?

Old 02-11-2015, 05:38 PM

2 posts, read 1,493 times
The living room area has a double window and the kitchen side has a sliding glass door. Both measure 72 inches across. The cabinets are cherry, the back splash is painted the same color as the walls. The floors are a light beige with lighter beige veins running through. I feel like the adjacent room is relevant because I would like the downstairs to mesh well together. The opening from the living room to the other room is huge, so I would call it a semi open concept. Sorry if Im not making any sense.

Old 02-11-2015, 06:20 PM

4,096 posts, read 6,216,301 times
Photos?

Old 02-11-2015, 06:51 PM

13,055 posts, read 18,112,817 times
As Kayekaye suggests photos are best but if not, how about a floor plan? So far if we understand, you have cherry cabinets, with a tone on tone beige floor, black granite with flecks of gray and green and a peach backsplash and peach walls.
Do you want to treat the slider and the windows alike? What kind of windows? casement? Double hung? You have a lot of dark tones there, the cherry and the black, but the peach might be enough to kick it up a notch depending upon the depth of the peach color. For the slider are you considering a traverse rod or a pole?

Off the top of my head, ( I will reconsider once I have a better idea of the layout), I think finding a peach curtain is going to be hard. Peach is a difficult color, some more orange, some more salmon, so I think you are going to need a very neutral beige or white. I could suggest something more colorful but if you could only agree on peach, I am sure my ideas would not fly. Let's get an idea of the layout and we can see what other suggestions we can come up with.

Old 02-11-2015, 09:23 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,156,596 times
You can seldom go wrong with white or ivory. I don't think I'd keep peach colored walls with cherry furniture though. You need a cooler color with warm colored furniture. If you must have the peach, then I'd definitely use a neutral for the curtain. And consider cooling things down in there with some cooler tones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating