Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 11:26 PM

44 posts, read 159,268 times

Advertisements

I was in shock when I saw all the bad reviews in the comments here Caesarstone Reviews – How Owners Of Quartz Feel About Their Kitchens

That's crazy! I was considering getting them for my upcoming remodel but forget it now.

Last edited by Bocavara; 02-11-2015 at 11:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2015, 11:49 PM

17,403 posts, read 65,528,173 times
Cambria is better-

...then again, I prefer the "real natural stuff" to man-made stuff!

Old 02-11-2015, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post
Cambria is better-

...then again, I prefer the "real natural stuff" to man-made stuff!
The choice for us now is between Cambria and Silestone. But we haven't totally ruled out granite. That same website had a pretty in depth article comparing quartz and granite that made me reconsider.

These countertops are the hardest decision we have had to make yet.

Old 02-12-2015, 07:47 AM

7,785 posts, read 18,729,982 times
I don't think I would ever trust any ONE review site. Note that only Caesarstone has any comments about it on that site. Why not any of the others? Is Caesarstone really worse than the rest in these matters?

I had Cambria in the other house and loved it, particularly the "food safe" aspect (although properly sealed granite is food safe as well).

Old 02-12-2015, 10:08 AM

You might be onto something there. I'd hate to think that someone created a website just to smear a company.

It's the properly sealed part of granite I worry about. I know how I can be about keeping up with chores like that. If it wasn't for that I'd be all about it.

Old 02-12-2015, 10:37 PM

17,665 posts, read 29,540,339 times
All Quartz countertops (exception is Samsung's brand Radianz) are made the same under license from the Italian company, Breton, who invented the process.
Made in USA, Spain, Vietnam are all the same.

CountertopInvesigator.com is a shill website. I just can't figure who it's shilling for.
Searching for "anthony greer in westport, ct" returns no hits on Google.

Last edited by davebarnes; 02-12-2015 at 10:50 PM..

Old 02-12-2015, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
CountertopInvesigator.com is a shill website. I just can't figure who it's shilling for.
Well I guess he isn't doing a good job then.

I thought that the articles seemed fair. Especially the one that compared quartz and granite. He didn't even choose a side. A quote from that page:

Quote:
So which one should you choose?

The one that you find the most aesthetically pleasing, fits into your budget and highlights the mood and ambiance you are trying to create in your kitchen. Because when it comes down to it, there really is no wrong choice. There’s just personal preference.

Old 02-13-2015, 11:22 PM

5,586 posts, read 8,345,208 times
I had Silestone, only because that's the brand carried by Home Depot. I loved it -- except, the straight edge along the undermount sink started chipping. And I'm not one to cook a lot so I didn't think it had been damaged by pots and pans. They did send someone out to patch it up, but I was really careful after that and protected it with a dishcloth on the rare times when I was washing pots. I had not had that issue with a previous granite countertop.

Old 02-14-2015, 07:22 AM

24,204 posts, read 19,010,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
All Quartz countertops (exception is Samsung's brand Radianz) are made the same under license from the Italian company, Breton, who invented the process.
Made in USA, Spain, Vietnam are all the same.

Searching for "anthony greer in westport, ct" returns no hits on Google.
They don't have much of a web presence but perhaps connected to Greer Custom Cabinets?

Greer Custom Cabinets - Milford CT 06461 | 203-874-9261

I agree that countertopinvestigator.com appears to have a very specific axe to grind, though.

Old 02-20-2015, 04:17 PM

20,098 posts, read 16,010,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocavara View Post
You might be onto something there. I'd hate to think that someone created a website just to smear a company.

It's the properly sealed part of granite I worry about. I know how I can be about keeping up with chores like that. If it wasn't for that I'd be all about it.
We've had granite countertops in two different places, combined over 10 years. They take amazingly little care. While the first sealing of each I was pretty meticulous about, now about every 9 months I put 2 coats of off-the-shelf sealer on them, not particularly taking tons of attention to detail, and that is it. No staining, no problems. They have been totally carefree and I LOVE them. You can set hot items on them, cut on them, and basically treat them like the stone they are. Now, I did choose a type that has a pattern that camouflages stuff as opposed to the fancy ones that will show every little stain or watermark. Go for it and don't be afraid of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating